What's new

Brakes to Buy?

ish14

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord 04
Hi All,

I have brought a Honda Accord 04 exec 2.0 and just wanted a bit of advice.

The previous owner hadnt driven the car for 2 years and the brakes look like they need changing.

I've had the car for just over 3 months now and I was thinking of changing the brake discs and pads on the car.

What are the best discs / pads to buy for an Accord? Any good deals at the moment? I have been recommended to buy ECB brakes.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks
ish

Got to say i'm into Pagid's at the Moment but everyone is going to say different things depending on experiences. :)

Got to say i'm into Pagid's at the Moment but everyone is going to say different things depending on experiences. :)
Agree.
I've always been pleased with Pagid discs and pads. Can be very good value from EuroCarParts/CarParts4Less, especially with a decent discount code.

pagid as well but oem are the best, ebc and mintex are good too...depends on your budget

Pagid are excellent oem replacements

shameless plug lol

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/15075-pagid-front-discs/

Hi All,

ECP have 2 different sizes for the Pagid Brake discs (280mm & 300mm).

I have 15" wheels on my Honda.

Any ideas which one i would need? as both are available for my car?

Thanks in advance.

ish14

2.0l exec has 280mm, 2.2 diesel has 300mm along with 2.4 and sports grades. Which have you got?

I tried Brembo , the normal ones B) on my 2.0 auto and they lasted 2 years / 20k miles on city roads
Performance was very good and so was the price

Got a 2.4 Type S. I replaced the discs & pads all round a few months back, cost me £190 all in from eurocarparts. They've been absolutely fine and I'd happily buy them again. Honda OEM were twice the price, can't see them being twice as good