What's new

Bulb change

tunstall

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Tourer
I'm sure this question has been asked before - how the hell do I change a headlight bulb (not full beam) on my 2005 Accord Tourer. The MOT is due tomorrow and I thought best to check the lights - n/s headlight bulb gone. A trip to my local car parts emporium and one to use plus a spare. Having owned a Civic Aerodeck I anticipated a difficult time - but not impossible as I have found out!
Any tips or is it something that the garage will have to do during the MOT?

I await replies with gratitude.

Thank you.

Here's a link to our definitive guide... http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/12068-diy-7th-gen-dipped-beam-headlight-bulb-change/?hl=dipped
Somewhat ruined by the PhotoBucket debacle, but you could contact Matt to ask for a PDF.

It's pretty straightforward. Some say to remove the battery to get to the N/S bulb, but I've never needed to (and I have quite large hands). The top of the clip moves inwards to release/refit the bulb. A mirror on a stick (and a decent torch) are musts for your first attempt!

The windscreen washer inlet below the funnel does come away fully btw. I took mine out to replace the ABS/VSA module from the top a few months ago on mine, so the headllight should be a doddle (relatively speaking of course).

I also have non-small hands, but I do have a decent spanner/socket set which helps in these situations.

Good luck.

A big thank you for the PDF doc - it was brilliant. Changed the bulb this morning - took 5 minutes (if that). I returned the H7 bulbs and told mr parts man about the database error - and got the correct H1 bulb.
After reading the PDF and the need to line up the notch on the cap at the back of the headlight I marked it with tippex and sprayed the cap rubber with silicone grease and it went on without a hitch - and the light works now.

Many thanks again - and congrats for a well put-together PDF.