What's new

Bulbs keep blowing

rhinogolf

Members
Reaction score
Car
7th&8th gen tourers
Hi having big problems with low beam bulbs blowing, on honda accord tourer 06 having to replace at least once a week and on both sides. Any help would be much appreciated

You can try replacing Both sides at the same time with good quality bulbs from the same batch.

Are you ensuring that the bulbs are sitting correctly when you are reinstalling them?

This can cause the bulbs to blow

And that you're not touching the glass with your skin?

And that you're not touching the glass with your skin?
Have been getting replaced at garage who have tightened all the terminals. Mentioned that i had read on here regarding alternator having power surge which they said would would blow all bulbs not just low beam and about changing fuses which i still have not done again they said this is not the problem. Im going through at least 1 bulb a week. Ive been reading about hid kits can any1 shed some light on this(not a joke shed some light) as not sure if would be legal on my accord which is tourer 2006 diesel. Need to get this resolved as really ****ing me of at moment. cheers Dave

Just bought some osgram h1 night breaker plus bulbs of ebay will give these ago . Any 1 else using these

Just bought some osgram h1 night breaker plus bulbs of ebay will give these ago . Any 1 else using these
I have had the Osram bulbs in my Accord for about 7mths. They are very good, but as with other uprated bulbs I have used such as Phillips ex-treme, they have both now blown. These brighter bulbs don't seem to last that long. I have just bought a pair of Halfords Ultra Brilliance bulbs at £24.99. They are at least as good as the Osrams were. They are meant to give up to 120% more light than standard. Lets see how long they last eh.

If i could get 7months from a bulb id be over the moon im lucky if a bulb lasts a week Garage cant find no faults so if these fail will have to get a hid kit my accord tourer uses H1 bulbs if i get a kit can some1 tell me which kit to get, money not a issue just want my lights to work. Im completely useless when comes to cars and diy has my wife says your worse than Frank Spencer

Any H1 kit off ebay for about £30 delivered will do, colour temp between 5-6k will keep it oem looking. Its not hard to fit and a few diy/pics showing location of ballast etc on here.

High output halogen will have a shorter life because they burn hotter, the bulbs blowing can be a electrical inbalance, alot of cars have similar problems such as one bulb going etc. But I wouldn't expect both going at the same time. always make sure you dont hold the glass and the bulb is seated correctly, they have a slant cut on the base you need to line that up the right way round, and if the springs dont go back properly, or its not seated the vibration from bumps can quickly end the life of a bulb.

If anyone is interested try Partco/Unipart picked up six boxed H1 std for £10. Got fed up with paying through the nose for alleged super bright bulbs that lasted a couple of months went back to standard, last lot lasted two years, just blown one hence a call by Partco.

Had the same problem tried expensive bulbs with no change. Bought two bulbs 5 months ago for £4 and they are fine...for now.