What's new

Buzzing noise through speaker

waj1974

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord i-ctdi
Guys I need some help please, whenever I switch my headlights on I get a buzzing sound from the front passenger side speaker when the stereo is on, so I replaced the speaker thinking it was duff, but the noise is still there...when i switch the lights off the noise dissappears.... Any ideas

all four speakers eh?

Do you have a HID kit installed.??? If so has it been since and what is your radio reception like with the lights on.
Does it buzz with a CD on.?

is the noise in synchronization with the engine or turbo?

Yeaaah crespo, I have hid kit installed, could be since that was installed, radio is ok so whats the solution??

Dan, I can hear an engine whine through the speaker every now and then more like alternator whine

i get this, but only really noticed it when using the fm transmitter.

Yeaaah crespo, I have hid kit installed, could be since that was installed, radio is ok so whats the solution??

On some cheap Ebay HID kits the ballast is not insulated properly and causes interference with the radio. I had this on my old Volvo S60 and solved it with new ballasts.

Hence the does it buzz with a CD playing question to rule it out. If it still buzzes with a CD playing you can rule out your ballasts as they only mess with your radio reception.

Hope you haven't got a problem with the CD player - have you got the 6CD changer?

Best thing is disconnect the hid kit and check with normal bulbs, does it do it with parking lights aswell or just dipped/main?
You sure its not your sub buzzing iirc you got a powered sub right.