What's new

CAI

Timberfake

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord v-tec s
Just fitted CAI system today liking the result but just cant help but worry after scaring myself by reading about hydro-lock.. What are your opinions?? CAI vs RAM.......

depends how low the filter is, its not uncommon for it to get wet. Both can have drawbacks risks vs heat soak. Its more sound than ponies so safer is better imo.

its were the resonater box was.. i know it doesnt make much difference in power but i have found it made my revs smoother no flat spots like i had and i have had loads of RAM kits on honda's but i find that you cant hear it untill u actually push it un like the RAM were its quite loud....

Do you have a split kit? Can you make it a short ram if you decided? If so id do that, makes for a louder experience, and the throttle responce will be better than a long ram. But if you cant, then dont worry about it, just dont splash puddles. A little water is no big deal, think about how much moisture going in when driving through fog.

converted it to short ram earlyer but have only been for quick test but not sure if it felt slower to me than when it was cai will be going out in it again later so shall have a play then..... might just keep it like this and do a cold feed through the fog light blanker plate and upto filter.....

Long Ram FTMFW!!!!!!!!

around 9 last night with torch in mouth i converted it back to long ram without taking bumper off loads of fun lol... but def feels better with it like this the short ram seemed to be noisey and eliminated the vtec kick just got louder.....

[font="'Microsoft Sans Serif"]Hydrolock generally does not occur unless the filter is fully submerged in water. "Bypass filters" can be used to prevent water from entering the engine.
It serves as a bond between two tubes, inside the engine bay, or between the tube and the intake manifold.

Just an example: http://www.speedzone...?productid=2227
[/font]

well i dont plan on driving into any swimming pools in the near future so matbe i can stop being so parinoid... was looking at a bypass valve (always seem to be from america) dry charger looks like quit a good idea (depending on price).....

Not really too sure why you'd want a bypass valve when you have a long ram induction kit already fitted.

:lol: I know what you meant dude :lol:

just get a drycharger kit for the winter then take it off around March time fella. All will be well then ;)