What's new

Can anyone do me a quick favour?

BlueVTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen SE Sport
Hi All,

My friend just brought his 2.0i 6th gen to me and quizzed me about his suspension. He's not long had the car, but has just noticed there is a slight difference in ride height of the front end. I didn't measure it (wedged my phone in the arch :D) but there is a difference of about 5mm, but it's not too noticeable.

Was just wondering if any of you guys could have a look at your car if it's on a level surface and see if the passenger side is lower than the drivers side? Weak spring me thinks...

Many thanks,
Nathan

Mine is slightly lower on the passenger side, I noticed it earlier.

Just checked mine for you. Both sides are the same height, 37.5cms from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wing. BTW, that's with new shocks fitted about two weeks ago.

Just checked mine for you. Both sides are the same height, 37.5cms from the centre of the wheel to the bottom of the wing. BTW, that's with new shocks fitted about two weeks ago.

Strange...Conflicting views! I checked mine too (although that is running ATR shocks with Koni springs so pretty irrelevant) and that was dead level...Will have to investigate further tomorrow, maybe chuck on some spare springs just to see if it is a weak spring at fault.

The joys of old cars!

In all honesty, I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest about a 5mm height difference, providing there's nothing broken or excessively worn . I've a couple of other motors both fitted with very good shocks (B6's & Koni Yellow Adjustables) & Springs (H&R & Eibach), neither are dead level, both out by 3mm & 4mm and all the rest of the suspension is in good nick too.

In all honesty, I wouldn't be concerned in the slightest about a 5mm height difference. I've a couple of other motors both fitted with very good shocks (B6's & Koni Yellow Adjustables) & Springs (H&R & Eibach), neither are dead level, both out by 3mm & 4mm and all the rest of the suspension is in good nick too.

You are very right! My RB5 is slightly higher on the drivers side too, but I'm led to believe that was because Subarus anorak way of dealing with weight distribution. :)

Either way I'll have a crack at it to feed my curiosity. I had a drive of it too and it still felt great (I forgot how well standard Accords handle!).

Either way I'll have a crack at it to feed my curiosity. I had a drive of it too and it still felt great (I forgot how well standard Accords handle!).

The new front shocks (cheap KYB's) transformed by car, not just the suspension but the steering feel too even if it still suffers from built in understeer, it's bl00dy good for what it is, handles nearly as well as a Mk3 Mondeo. The only thing now is, I've noticed it could benefit from new rear shocks too, then I'll be on to springs and next I'll be wondering would a ATR st.rack improve things again. I'll stop now :D

If you think about it, the centre of gravity of the engine is offset to the passenger side of the car, so it makes sense that it would lean that way if both sides of the suspension are identical in specification.

At any rate, I weigh 13 stone and I notice the driver's side drops when I get in my cars :lol: it's unlikely they'll ever sit straight!

If you think about it, the centre of gravity of the engine is offset to the passenger side of the car, so it makes sense that it would lean that way if both sides of the suspension are identical in specification.

At any rate, I weigh 13 stone and I notice the driver's side drops when I get in my cars :lol: it's unlikely they'll ever sit straight!

No, I don't think there's any great difference between o/s/ & n/s when it comes to the front side to side weight distribution . If that's the case all left hooker Accords are away out on front side to side weight distribution with the steering column, brake servo etc located on our passenger side . Could be wrong of course.

P.s only 13st lucky you, that's what I should weigh but I don't! :(