Can I get some thoughts please on how to solve this issue

Stevearcade

TA Friend
Staff member
Reaction score
Car
2003 Accord CM2
Hi Guys,

If you have Xenons, the front near side shock has a levelling sensor fitted on it like so:

SelfLevellingSensorFront02_zpsa3dec629.png

I'm looking to potentially fitting Bilstein B6 Shocks which have a diameter of 51mm. I'll need to fit some sort of mounting, similar to the one pictured on the shock, to bolt onto the sensor.

The sensor doesn't take any load as it simply moves a potentiometer via a two-point hinged linkage. I was thinking of some sort of reasonably heavy duty clamp with a mounting point on it to fit the linkage bolt through. But after some googling, can't see anything that would suit and I don't really know what to search for.

I found this as a sort of example of what I'm thinking about:

ClampExample_zps1093287d.jpg

But this is the wrong diameter and not quite right as I think the mounting points are too short (and it doesn't look isn't beefy enough).

Do any of you have any ideas or advice on what to do with this. Bear in mind I'd not be doing the work myself and so it needs to be fairly straight forward as I'd take it a garage, explain it to them and they'd fit it... :unsure:

Any thoughts, tips or hints greatly appreciated as always. Also, I know a couple of guys here have xenons and may want to lower also, so the outcome to this dilemma could prove very worth while. I'm sure it's possible, but it's just a matter of finding the right part.

Cheers guys

Steve

Throw a curve ball at you

collars_racklock_blk-500pxx253.jpg

Question is finding one that can tighten up to 50mm a cycle chassis pole isnt far off 50mm id say.

Would be very easy to make out of Ali though.

Search for P clips also.

Im surprised this hasnt been a issue before.

Cheers Marcus, that's some good food for thought.

I looked on google for this kind of thing, but it would seem many companies mount their sensors on the camber arms which would make my issue sooooo much easier. The Accord however does that only on the rear, the front is fitted straight on the shock :mad: .