What's new

Can you help a newbie select the correct wheels and tyres

sunny2good

Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 CDTI
Hi everyone,

I have searched online and just getting puzzled with all the different information being presented to me. I have a 7th gen Accord. A 2006 2.2 CDTI EX. The current tyres are 205/55/R16. The alloys are standard honda ones. I want to get new alloys and tyres. I have seen Pirelli P1 tyres which are 205/55/16 so thats straight forward to replace like for like. I also know the PCD, so no issues there. But when choosing alloys, i am really confused about the offset. I like the dezent TD 16 inch alloys but not sure which offset to go for. The options I am getting are

1) OS 48mm / Width 7 inch
2) OS 40mm / Width 6.50 inch
3) OS 48mm / Width 6.5 inch

I cannot see any marking on existing alloys to help me decide. I also have no idea how these calculations work. Can anyone help please?

Lastly what does everyone think of the Pirelli P1 Cinturato Verde tyres ?

Many thanks for helping me out

Just measure the width of your existing wheels rim to rim in inches, and that will tell you what they are.

A site like www.mytyres.co.uk is quite good for alloy and tyre deals also.

sunny2good said:
Hi everyone,

I have searched online and just getting puzzled with all the different information being presented to me. I have a 7th gen Accord. A 2006 2.2 CDTI EX. The current tyres are 205/55/R16. The alloys are standard honda ones. I want to get new alloys and tyres. I have seen Pirelli P1 tyres which are 205/55/16 so thats straight forward to replace like for like. I also know the PCD, so no issues there. But when choosing alloys, i am really confused about the offset. I like the dezent TD 16 inch alloys but not sure which offset to go for. The options I am getting are

1) OS 48mm / Width 7 inch
2) OS 40mm / Width 6.50 inch
3) OS 48mm / Width 6.5 inch

I cannot see any marking on existing alloys to help me decide. I also have no idea how these calculations work. Can anyone help please?

Lastly what does everyone think of the Pirelli P1 Cinturato Verde tyres ?

Many thanks for helping me out

Uniroyal Rainsport 3's and Michelin Pilot Sport 3's come highly recommended.