What's new

Cant access menu because dont have sat nav dvd?

damien89

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda
Hi, a friend of mine just bought an 08 (latest shape) accord and he doesn't have the nav dvd, when he presses the menu button the screen displays that he needs the nav dvd for some reason. Recently the car had its battery disconnected so dont no if this could be related. What can he do?

Thanks

This is correct you need a disk for this screen to work

Did the Sat nav work when he purchased the car?

If you don't have the Nav disk, the system won't allow the user to access the screen. So the best thing to do would be to pop down to the local Honda Dealer and pick up a copy of the latest maps, or alternatively have a go on e-Bay, but be weary of counterfeit copies as they can cause issues with the system

Did the Sat nav work when he purchased the car?

If you don't have the Nav disk, the system won't allow the user to access the screen. So the best thing to do would be to pop down to the local Honda Dealer and pick up a copy of the latest maps, or alternatively have a go on e-Bay, but be weary of counterfeit copies as they can cause issues with the system

The person who looked at the car didn't check the nav when he looked at the car. Now the owner told me that the person who imported the car for him took the dvd out so nobody could steal it from the car. All he needs now is to get the codes for the radio and sat nav from the dealer.

Thanks everyone.

The person who looked at the car didn't check the nav when he looked at the car. Now the owner told me that the person who imported the car for him took the dvd out so nobody could steal it from the car. All he needs now is to get the codes for the radio and sat nav from the dealer.

Thanks everyone.
The code for the radio is in the hand book when new.But yes you can get the code from any Honda dealers with your reg on the car

I have downloaded the latest sat nav dvd and burned it to a Dual Layer DVD.

Could be worth a go - nothing to lose?

Contact me via PM is you are interested.