Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 I-CDTi
Hey Guys and Gals.

Been a little while since I've been on here. :(

Hope everyone is well.

I have a question.

This morning I walked upto my car. Beautiful sunny day here in Aberdeen and I pressed the keyfob to unlock the doors. Then the alarm started going off. No lights were flashing, just the alarm went off. I tried to switch it off but nothing. :(
I then got in to the car and drive about 10 meters with the alarm blairing. I switched the car off and got out and tried to lock the car.
It locked but the alarm was still going mad.

Realizing I was gonna be late for work I decided to take it to Honda here in Aberdeen, I've booked it in for them to have a look at it but are there any suggestions as to what might be the cause?
It was suggested to me here at work that it might be a flat batt in my keyfob.

Please help. haha.
Hope my baby is ok.

Ross, sorry to hear your woes, but definitely NOT the battery in the fob, if it were dead just wouldn't send the signal to lock/unlock.

Not sure what model of Accord you have, but if it's the exec, I think they have ultrasonics which can be a PITA.
Because you managed to unlock the car and drive it, suggests the fob is working perfectly, and even to the point it's disabled the immobilser too.
Does sound like the electronics for the alarm has gone fauly I'm afraid.....

Let us know the outcome.....

its a long shot, but have you tried disconnecting the battery for 10 minutes, then connecting again. The main car battery im talking about.

Had the same thing few days ago.I been told that is a weak battery and is losing charge and that I should fully charge battery and change battery in the fob and it should sort itself out.didn't tried it yet so I can't say for sure.hope this helps.let us know what Honda says.

Isn't there a way to prevent the activation of the ultrasonic sensors when locking the car?

I know the batt in the car was new when I bought it almost a year ago. Unless it's faulty I would not imagine that it would need to be replaced. I think the key fob might be at fault as it's the one I use all the time.
Also I would imagine that the imobiliser would be deactivated because the key is being used to start the car not some other impliment.

So perhaps the batt in the key fob is too weak to send a signal to the alarm but is just strong enough to send a signal to the doors to open and lock.

Does that even make sence or is that just crazy talk?

What I should have done was go back into my flat and tried my other set of keys. Did not think of it that at the time.
I will let you guys know the findings from Honda when they actually get a chance to look at my car. I just called them and they have not even had a look at it yet. Booo.

In the mean time if there are any other suggestions or other folk that have had this happen to them please let me know.
Thanks to all that have so far given some input.
:)

I know the batt in the car was new when I bought it almost a year ago. Unless it's faulty I would not imagine that it would need to be replaced. I think the key fob might be at fault as it's the one I use all the time.
Also I would imagine that the imobiliser would be deactivated because the key is being used to start the car not some other impliment.

So perhaps the batt in the key fob is too weak to send a signal to the alarm but is just strong enough to send a signal to the doors to open and lock.

Does that even make sence or is that just crazy talk?

What I should have done was go back into my flat and tried my other set of keys. Did not think of it that at the time.
I will let you guys know the findings from Honda when they actually get a chance to look at my car. I just called them and they have not even had a look at it yet. Booo.

In the mean time if there are any other suggestions or other folk that have had this happen to them please let me know.
Thanks to all that have so far given some input.
:)

Hi

Did you get this problem sorted as I have the same problem

Thanks

same story. So fare checked main battery, looks like fine. Disconnected siren in boot. opened and checked battery in siren. looks fine as well. Lock myself in car. waited till alarm set off and try to move around to activate ultrasonic. no luck. guessing my ultrasonic sensor is dead? cant see other reason for alarm going off. At the moment using car with disconnected siren. Also notice as soon you turn ignition on red alarm light on dash board flashes. same happening when just turn my engine off. Any suggestions more when welcome :)

hi

I used to work for Toyota and the Rav4's used to have a similar issue due to moisture getting into the siren! (but as VoG said, he's checked that!!) could be worth double checking tho?

i think this is how you turn off the sensors? with drivers door open, push drivers door lock pin down, then close the door, hazard lights flash several times, car is locked with no sensors, remember not to leave your keys in the car!! :)