What's new

car detailing

dejv

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2006 I-CDTI
Hi,

my car is full of swirl marks and I was thinking of detailing it.

already used claybar and iron x to remove contaminants from car and used poorboys world black hole to help reduce the swirl marks using orbiter

any other products that i can used to removed them ?

Black hole will just fill the swirl mars and mask them for a while, you need to use a polish to get rid of the swirl marks.

I use these polishes to a good effect

Gtechniq P1 / P2
Menzerna PF2500 / PF4000
Scholl S17 / S40

Looks so good.

dejv said:
I have one of these:

MakitaRotaryBuffer9227C.jpg
Do not use this on your Accord! The paint is super soft and if you don't know what you are doing you will do some damage believe me.

Nothing wrong with Makita but pretty heavy duty, and more suited to harder paint, a DA would be much better suited to your car.

Best wishes

Simon

TypeR said:
What da do you recommend
A DAS 6 is a good weapon of choice, around £70-90, new backing plate and some 3m pads, yellow to cut, black to finish and some polish of your choice and you are good to go.

If you are local to the Heathrow area I could go over a few bits in person with you if you want?

ic ok thanks.

and what products would you reccomand ?

I would as Jamie says go for tha das6 but prob the Pro a bit more power which can come in useful if you want to use on other cars in the future....hexlogic pads for me, matched up with Scholl Concepts polish....nothing harsh for the Honda.....

thanks for the suggestions,

is the hologram removing polish necessary ? as it only has swirl marks :S

dejv said:
thanks for the suggestions,

is the hologram removing polish necessary ? as it only has swirl marks :S

[SIZE=medium]In my opinion a final "glossing" polish can really make the difference to the paint work.[/SIZE]

But a dual action is soooo slow, even still best for soft Honda paint and excellent applying wax/glazes really quick.

need patience but results are awesome.

Youll only damage with a rotary if you overburn.. Same as any car.. If your comfortable using a rotary then youll be fine and dandy

Jamie s said:
Black hole will just fill the swirl mars and mask them for a while, you need to use a polish to get rid of the swirl marks.

I use these polishes to a good effect
Gtechniq P1 / P2
Menzerna PF2500 / PF4000
Scholl S17 / S40

That is an awesome finish!

car has been ready for a while, heres a before and after product

used
orange hexpad with meguire m105
white hexpad with meguire m105
black pad with meguire m205

main reason why I used meguire is that there is a local supplier and didn't have to wait for them to arrive :p

1958446_10153838146005184_1295209402_n.jpg

dejv said:
car has been ready for a while, heres a before and after product

used
orange hexpad with meguire m105
white hexpad with meguire m105
black pad with meguire m205

main reason why I used meguire is that there is a local supplier and didn't have to wait for them to arrive :p

1958446_10153838146005184_1295209402_n.jpg
What machine David?