What's new

Car just died - 2.0 Tourer

FunkMasterJay

Members
Reaction score
Car
03 Accord Tourer
So I recently changed my knock sensor which in itself went well. After a few turns the car started. Half a mile down the road, the car just died and left me stranded on a busy dual carriageway (Milton Keynes ). Here are the symptoms.

1. Cranks but will not start.
2. No power to fuel pump.
3. Green immobiliser light does not flash.
4. When the key is inserted and turned, ECU / CEL does not come on and disappear.

The AA gave up and towed me home.

Checks done.
1. All fuses ok.
2. Inertia switch ok.
3. I do have fuel.
4. All connectors and hoses in place.

Need help urgently as this is my work horse.

Cheers.
J

Why did you replace the knock sensor? Just recheck the connections for the sensor, make sure they're secure and check your earths also.

Hey mate.
I replaced it because I had a CEL for a broken knock sensor, That code now disappeared. All connections are secure, I drove the car for alf a mile before it threw a tantrum.

J

Wookie.
As per first post, I have checked all fuses, inertia switch and there is no power to fuel pump. What other fuse do you want me to check?

Which fuse box did you check? What did you move undo loosen to do knock sensor?

We have a crv with a similar issue it's 2.0 litre auto. The fuse for the gauge module keeps blowing when you put it in reverse and you will get no dash lights but will crank. That's why I wanted to make sure you have checked all the fuses.

Ah man. That sucks. I just posted a video in the 7th gen general section that might be of help.

I'm just going to take mine apart again tomorrow and pit it back together. This breakdown sounds too silly.

J

Ok update. Car now runs. I took intake manifold and throttle body off. Cleaned all and all ok. Not driven yet as while on ja k stands I will fit my 300mm discs snd big calipers.