What's new

Car Key Programming

Hamid92

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Hi all

I just had my battery and alternator changed (see previous thread) and I don't know how to get the damn key to work!

I have the printout and it says about sticking the key in the ignition then turning off pressing button etc but I can't seem do achieve this!

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

have you tried this:
-get in to the car and close all doors, don't lock them.
1-turn the key in the ignition to position II
2-press and release lock button on the key
3-turn the key back to position 0
4-repeat steps 1-3, 3 more times (4 in total)
5-now central locking should be in the programming mode.
6-within 10 sec press lock button on each key you want to ***ign to the car ( each press should be confirmed be locking the car)

Do you have to keep the key in on the last step? After you have done step 1-3 4 times?

Hi Guys resurrecting a thread here in need of a spare key, got the blade cut, need the buttons programming, will this method work if I was to buy the bits off eBay to programme a new key to my car? It's a 7th gen.

Ashzz said:
Hi Guys resurrecting a thread here in need of a spare key, got the blade cut, need the buttons programming, will this method work if I was to buy the bits off eBay to programme a new key to my car? It's a 7th gen.
where did you get the blade cut from?

It came with the car when I bought it, have had it since really. It has no buttons just empty so I am thinking of getting it fully functional.

just go to any decent lock smith with the ability to program blank keys, i done it on the keys i sold to Pete. its not a big deal.

toffee_pie said:
just go to any decent lock smith with the ability to program blank keys, i done it on the keys i sold to Pete. its not a big deal.
Eric, some people actually enjoy doing things themselves, it's called "Do It Yourself" aka DIY

yes, the easiest way is to get to a lock smith and get it programmed, unless you want to splash out on lock smith equipment that you will only use once or twice.

my flip key was 'diy' (i took the guts out of the oem one and put into a blank one from ebay... skill level? .01) since I had no desire to become a full time lock smith and get the tools to code a key i got a guy to program the fob.

toffee_pie said:
yes, the easiest way is to get to a lock smith and get it programmed, unless you want to splash out on lock smith equipment that you will only use once or twice.

my flip key was 'diy' (i took the guts out of the oem one and put into a blank one from ebay... skill level? .01) since I had no desire to become a full time lock smith and get the tools to code a key i got a guy to program the fob.
yeah those tools in #2 cost a lot of money, or did a tool not notice #2

good luck with them steps on a blank key, the cows will be dying to get home by the time you get it done.

Im on about this btw,

... has no buttons just empty so I am thinking of getting it fully functional.,

which seems to point towards a blank key. I am not on about the op at all.

toffee_pie said:
zzzzzzzzzzzzz

Picture-52-600x250.png

I have no idea if the info in these links would be relevant to an Accord, but here's some key programming links from the Civinfo forum:-

http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/127466-hondas-secret-remote-central-locking-key-learning-mode.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/112595-program-new-key-yourself.html
http://www.civinfo.com/forum/electronics/108736-programming-new-key-help.html

Ashzz - maybe if there is actually something useful in any of those links you could quickly adapt it and write our own Accord-specific version. I think that would make a very useful DIY for our forum.