What's new

Car tilt and camber adjustment

naz1612

Members
Reaction score
Car
2005 EX 2.2 i-ctdi
A few months back I had a set of new tyres fitted by Formula 1 Autocentres, they also did a full wheel alignment. A few weeks after having my tyres replaced I noticed that the rear of the car was tilting/sagging (about 1" to 1.5") towards the drivers side. Subsequently I had the rear o/s springs replaced (by a local mechanic who used aftermarket springs), which improved the tilt but it was still there. At this point I joined this forum and many thanks to Adam ("TheHole") for his help and visits in investigating the problem. Having established that the two different rear springs have two different spring rates and so would compress to different lengths I then had spring on the other replaced as well (same local mechanic, same aftermarket spring) but there is still a slight tilt present.

One further observation I then made was on my rear o/s wheel it appears visually I have a lot of negative camber - much more so than the n/s wheel. I took the car back to Formula 1 Autocentre and I was told that for the Accord the camber does not require adjusting or isn't adjustable. Is this true? Can this difference in negative camber from one side to another contribute the car to tilt? Is there anything else that I should be looking out for?

Cheers
Naz

Do u have any pics to show us?

The camber is not adjustable on all Hondas. You will need camber adjusters fitted.

If its a very slight tilt I can only think its how the car has its weight distributed.

Also what machine was the alignment taken on ?
Has your car been lowered as this can effect the rear camber and the need for aftermarket ones that are adjustable

Also what machine was the alignment taken on ?
Has your car been lowered as this can effect the rear camber and the need for aftermarket ones that are adjustable

I'll try and take some pics to show you.

I don't know the machine the alignment was made - it was at the Formula 1 Autocentre workshop (in Portsmouth). Also, the car hasn't been specifically lowered as far as i'm aware of.

as far as I know the best alignment machine is HUNTER, try to find you local garage who does have this machine, also on oem springs rear camber is between -1" to -1,5" on that setting you shouldn't notice any excessive tyre wear if so I would suggest to check toe as this can be adjusted in hondas not like camber, to change camber you need camber kit.