What's new

CCD Rear view camera

Doc

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.2 i-ctdi EX 2008
I've been taking a look at the rear view camera installs on here and have decided to do my own.

I've had a look and found this camera but I'm not sure about a couple of things. The other threads don't state what resolution, signal output, TV system ie NTSC, or number of pixels it needs to be.

CCD camera

So my question is would this one work?

Thanks in advance.
Matt

same as mine to

but the one you have posted is £10 more than this one

ebay

and always go for a ccd and not cmos camera as the ccd is better quality

Cheers lads I think I'll take a punt on this. I've already built my adapter plug so nearly ready for my first proper mod.

Moh, I did have a look at the one you mentioned, but the one I found has a 'mirrored reverse', which I why I chose this one, so hopefully the screen will show a true image when turning. Plus I was looking for one without grid lines I don't see the point in them when I can see what I'm about to hit. I thought it was worth a punt for the extra few quid just for the ease of use with a mirrored reverse.

Alnug, I've already been studying your review so thanks for that it looks very helpful.

Thanks for the help.

doc the one i have recieved is a mirrored reverse to but it does have the grid lines which im not fussed about

i have put mine under the spoiler but mine is a tourer

Moh do you have a picture of it fitted? I've got a universal one on my tourer at the moment but want to change it for something a little more discreet been looking at the other honda ones available might see if I can make something fit maybe one of the civic ones

Seems solid. What do you think about this one:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/4-3-Mirror-Monitor-Back-Up-Camera-Car-RV-Rear-View-Kit-/230621581220

I purchased one of these but it doesnt seem to clip in place like the original number plate bulb does? the clips are not broken, the stiff clip on the right just doesn't seem to stick in place.

I noticed the issue with the plastic trim aswell, I take it you just trim the raised plastic were the numberplate bulb is on the plastic trim?

excellent guide by the way!

I have a reverse camera from ebay ( the one that replaces one of the plate number lights) , but I'm not satisfied about the image quality.
For instant during light day , it absorbs too much lights and the visibility is not so great. And also during the night the visibility is not so great, either.
I'm thinking to replace it for something better .
I'm thinking if the last generation accord OEM rear camera can be fitted in our 7th generation accord (sedan) , at least if can be made to fit without too much trouble ? any idea ?