What's new

CD player to SATNAV unit

Sunnyv

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda accord 2003
[SIZE=10.5pt]Hi friends, [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]I have a 2003 Honda Accord with a standard CD player, was under the impression it’s a simple plus and play to change over to the satnav unit so purchased the satnav unit dvd player and signal amp. Dismantled the care took the cd player out to find it was a bad idea. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]The CD player has 2 green and 1 black connector the satnav has multiple other connectors so I have now ordered a complete wiring look to support the install. After plugging the 3 connectors to the SATNAV unit it powers on, all the buttons work, the CD's play but the screen does not work! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]My question is, does anyone know where I can get hold of an install manual / links or whether it’s worth just simply sticking to the cd player? [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Not sure if anyone has attempted to try the change.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]I've browsed the website but could not find any information. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Any help would be much appreciated. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]kind regards[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Sunny[/SIZE]

Hi Crown, the LCD don't turn on but was purchased from a friend who works for a company and he tested it all before hand. There is ano additional plug socket (blue) on the top middle of the unit that I don't have a wire for.

Sunny

Are you sure you wired the power supply from the Rom to the Display unit? Display is getting power from the Rom. The boue socket I think is the one you need. The black on the Rom, as far as I remember, is going into the light blue on the Display, and that is for the Navi. Are you having the face or pre-face unit?

I'm sure there other posts covering this. IIRC the whole dash has to be swapped out?. Plenty of people on here have run aftermarket units by installing them in place of the large compartment underneath the stereo / Ac controls. That might be a more favourable approach

The Chinese ones have 1 year warranty and: 1st they don't work for Diesel ones; 2nd: They tend to show deffects during warranty period (you have to return the unit to China, which is much more expensive than getting it from there); 3rd: Are you ready to pay Duty Tax and VAT, which you cannot avoid.
The original one is more expensive, but it is for a reason. These units are 10years+ (some of them) and they still work as new ones do.

I think the best way is to get double din screen. Marrow or Alpine or whatever is good. You can use it and when selling the car remove and sell it or keep it. I have Parrot Asteroid Smart. Very happy. It's not at the best position below stereo unit but does the job

I had an asteroid unit in my old work car, really good little unit and the equaliser settings are superb with the soundscape settings