What's new

CD unit faulty..

buckfusby

Members
Reaction score
Car
accord ex i ctdi
My CD unit has gone faulty on my 7th gen tourer my question is....can i just remove it and fit a new one in or does it need some kind of coding ...i have had the unit out and recovered 6 CDs jammed in one all buckled up now i have seen these units on flea bay but do not want to spend good money only to find that it will cost me even more to get it coded!!!

Thanks

If your radio still works get an FM transmitter. I havent used a cd since i got one. Everything on a sd card and the quality is the same

buckfusby said:
My CD unit has gone faulty on my 7th gen tourer my question is....can i just remove it and fit a new one in or does it need some kind of coding ...i have had the unit out and recovered 6 CDs jammed in one all buckled up now i have seen these units on flea bay but do not want to spend good money only to find that it will cost me even more to get it coded!!!

Thanks
After removing the stuck CD's did the mech not work ok or was it butchered? I managed to recover some stuck and buckled discs from a used unit I bought off fleabay (yea liar liar pants on fire seller) and the mech survived. I do have a spare 6 disc mech from a working unit if you want to try it? if you know how to swap the mechs over.