What's new

CDTI - Clutches and Mapping.

Goodluckmonkey

TA Friends
Reaction score
Car
CN2
Putting an '09 N22A2 (inc. a fresh set of chains) in an '04 wagon shortly to commute to work in, and will be looking to have a stage 2 map for it.

I'm in a position where it'd be an ideal time to change a clutch too (as i'd also ideally not want to open it up in the next 100k)

If the dual-mass flywheel's showing significant wear, I'd also consider changing it.
Has anyone swapped to a single-mass flywheel? and has anyone had a DMF failure? (What hp output and mileage?)

Do I just go SMF and uprated clutch and forget about it?

Or do I go DMF and OE?

I had clutch and DMF changed at 45k it was about 5 years ago when I had 180bhp, now I've got 204bhp from about 3 years and oem clutch and DMF are fine, but if I wpuld have to change it once again I will go for some uprated aftremarket or OEM ATS clutch slightly reworked :)

Great info. Thank you.

204hp! That's good going. Hybrid turbo?

You can make up to 208bhp on the stock Turbo and a healthy engine but it's the absolute limit of the injectors.

That's quite a testament to what Honda have built!

Must be well into the range of finishing returns by that point though?

when mapping I managed to get 216bhp, but after 4k rpm it starts smoking as temp was to high so I decided to stay clean with 208bhp, everything is standard apart FMIC, if it will be bigger then I could get about 215-220 clean bhp :)

That's incredible.
My post above should've said diminishing returns.

At that point are you throwing loads more fuel and boost at it for small gains?