What's new

Central armrest removal

Rands

Reaction score
Car
2012 Accord 2.4 exec
Hi guys. Can anyone please advise me on how to remove the front center armrest on a 2012 Accord euro. There are 2 visible screws, but the armrest still remains firmly fixed when these screws are removed. I need to remove this armrest to send it off to an upholsterer.

No idea how different it is on a 2012 but my 2004 is connected all the way to underneath the ashtray at the front. One screw each side of the transmission tunnel behind the seats, two screws inside the armrest itself. The remove the trim around the handbrake and the gearstick and more screws under there.

Ah okay, and here I thought it would be a simple job. But thanks for that bit of info... I will explore further keeping it in mind.

Cup holders and gear surround need removed and unplug heated seat switches if equipped also gear knob needs removed. Should be two bolts in there and another two behind a cover that pulls off at the rear of console between rear footwells.
Should be two black Philips screws underneath where cup holder surround was at the base of the driver and passenger silver trim. Once these screws are removed the silver trims can be pulled off they have a number of red clips holding them in just work your way along. Not sure if they need to come off though i can't remember. In the driver and passenger footwells pull off the black trim next to where your clutch foot would be and passengers right foot would be and there is one or two screws for the black pocket then pull out pockets. Unplug the usb aux and 12v socket plugs. And if you have back passenger vents then the ducts need to be removed they have black clips that need to be removed by pulling centre pin out first.

After this the whole centre console including armrest should just come off by sliding it back and up if I've not forgotten anything. Let me know which gear knob you have is it an Es, EsGt, Ex, ExGt or type S as the gear knobs are removed differently

Okay thanks for that. At this point, I'm thinking that this is going to be more trouble than it's worth. I'm hesitant to start unscrewing major parts of the interior as I've had the car for going on 8 years now and have not had a single rattle. I've watched some YouTube videos where the American Accords have the armrest/center console lid attached by a few screws, and are quite easy to replace. But that doesn't seem to be the case with the Euro spec Accords. I think that I may pop by the dealership sometime and see if the boys there might have some innovative ways to remove just the one part easily. Thanks for your input though... It is appreciated.

I will look at my workshop manual and see if it can be taken out without removing the console and if so I'll post the process for you

I never watch any American Accords videos as the cars are very different, try the Accura euro.

@smokingman ... Yes for sure. It just popped up on YouTube when I did a general search, so I viewed it after not having initial success. I had hoped that similar components may be similarly engineered but, as you mentioned, the Accord Euro is very different. Here is South Africa, the 8th gen was the last Euro spec, and then Honda started importing the American spec. It didn't do well at all, SA owners hated it and the Accord was dropped from Honda's lineup. So it was a blessing to find this forum, as most searches on the net tend to reflect the North American market.

@Rands The top of the armrest can be pryed off after the two screws have been removed.

@Rands The top of the armrest can be pryed off after the two screws have been removed.

@Fizz Thanks Fizz. Will attempt it again. I gave up after a few failed attempts and didn't want to break anything. But the leather has really deteriorated now and I'm back on the project. Did you just use a bit of brute force after the 2 screws were removed, or is there a particular technique to it?