What's new

CH7 - Dead aerial

BlueVTEC

Members
Reaction score
Car
6th Gen SE Sport
Hi guys,

My electric aerial has packed up. Can still hear the motor whirring, but theres no movement so I suspect the aerial is fubared.

What are my options for a replacement? I would rather keep it looking OEM, but will go for a "stubby" if my local dealer wants a stupid price.

Many thanks!

Is your aerial on the passenger side rear
If so im sure you cant replace that with a stubby

Best bet is try shorten the aerial by pushing it
It should still work?

Is your aerial on the passenger side rear
If so im sure you cant replace that with a stubby

Best bet is try shorten the aerial by pushing it
It should still work?

Yes, it's a standard pre-facelift electric aerial on the N/S rear quarter. Already tried your suggestion when it first happened, but it's definetely broken. Due to the fact that there is hardly any movement and no resistance, I would definetely say it's the spring loaded coil mechanism that is at fault.

I have seen many pre-facelift Accords with aftermarket stubby aerials, so it is definetely possible. Just unsure where to find them...

It's usually the teeth that have worn on the aerial itself, just order a new one and feed it into the motor, could be a bit more to it than that but it's common enough that the teeth wear out :rolleyes:

As Baz has said really. Get a motor from a scrappy and fit it. That'll soon sort your problem out.