What's new

Change of direction to CR V

Mike c

Members
Reaction score
Car
CR V 2.0 EX
:rolleyes: Hi guys
following my problems with my DPF I decided to change direction and move back to a petrol car. I looked at 2.4 ex which was very nice and also 2.0 VTEC models but neither turned up in the condition / price range required.
I then turned my thoughts towards a CR V which I have always fancied. I have now found a mint 2010 2.0 vtec EX in premium white, low mileage with leather and all the toys.
I am hoping to pick it up over the weekend subject to receiving my plate change from the DVLA.
Whilst I still think the world of my ESGT, the DPF has taken the edge of a wonderful car. (blasted environmentalists). I shall no doubt miss the power of the Diesel engine but the CR V will be much more functional and is certainly roomier.
On the low mileage I do per year I have calculated that it will only cost me around £4 per month extra in fuel costs and taking into account the difference in servicing cost between the two vehicles this will virtually be wiped out.
I will continue to look into the forum and wish all of you guys good luck, maybe one day they will find a solution to the DPF problem.
regards Mike C

Best of luck mike with the crv it's a nice car indeed.
Don't forget to hang around as your still a good valued member Here regardless what your drive

Ha! Ive been looking at CR-V's for a long time:) One day I will get one for sure. Good choice mate. Dan

Thanks for your comments guys, I meant to add that if there is anyone out there looking for an immaculate , low mileage ( 21k) ESGT in silver there will be one available very soon at Honda shrewsbury.
I have been waiting to have my plates transferred to the CRV and as of this morning (Friday) they had not been sent to the dealer so it looks like the changeover will be early next week, hopefully.
When I get the CR V I will try to post some pictures. I must also change my members details. :rolleyes: B)
I intend to maintain my links with this great forum.
cheers
Mike c.