What's new

Check when service is due?

d3fy

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2 EX GT
Had a letter from my local dealer telling me my service is due. I've read the manual and still can't figure out how to check when the next service is due. Help please

Had a letter from my local dealer telling me my service is due. I've read the manual and still can't figure out how to check when the next service is due. Help please
The service record and schedule are in your service book.Or are you using your SRS for servicing times

If you have variable servicing enabled (SvRS), press the Select/Reset button a few times on your steering wheel and it will display the time/mileage countdown before your service.

That's the thing, that's not working. So does that mean I'm on fixed?

That's the thing, that's not working. So does that mean I'm on fixed?
Did you buy the car from new if not it might have been switched of.If so the dealers should have a record of this.But the only problem if it has been switched off by a previous owners say so there is no going back and it cant be put back on.
This will mean you have to go back to the 12.5k or 12 month service plan by Honda.

Well that's s****!
Yep when the car is new the owner has a choice of what he or she would like.Best bet give the car details to a dealer and ask them to check if yours has been turned off.This will rule out a fault with the system.

It was a lease car so surprised
This was prob to keep down the number of trips to the dealers.Don't be to disheartened as im seeing what the system is like and if i don't like i will go back to the normal service schedule myself.

Last car was a BMW and that would do 18 months between and never missed a beat. Pay all the expensive of long life oil for the same 12 month service span. Con if you ask me.

Last car was a BMW and that would do 18 months between and never missed a beat. Pay all the expensive of long life oil for the same 12 month service span. Con if you ask me.
To be honest i half the oil change in my car and also did this in my 7th gen.
Most members hear do the same an oil change at around 6.5k.

My service book is stamped in the variable service section. I also have a print out of services and that 2 variable and 1 fixed?

I don't agree with the half oil change thing at all and think that's a bit 1950 MG midget, I keep the car 4 years tops.

I just traded in a 7th gen 2 litre petrol with 97k on the clock. I owned it from 29k and changed the oil every 12.5k using mobil one 0w40. It ran faultlessly and still never used a drop of oil even at that mileage. I don't think these cars need an oil change any more often than 12.5k

It's a different story with the diesel Honda's though, they need regular oil changes to keep them running at their best.