What's new

Cl7 cold air intake , induction kit help

Busman1

Members
Reaction score
Car
In between accords
Need help guys I'm looking for a cold air intake and filter or induction kit for my CL7 2.0 petrol , but having trouble , there either universal crap or for the CL9 , can anybody put me in the right direction or are the cl7&cl9 the same and pipe work and sensors the same ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CL9 is exactly these same like for CL9.
Example: Injen CAI on Ebays is listed for CL9 but lots of my friends has got fitted on CL7.
Fit plug and play (Injen - rest i don't know but i think is no difference, because everything from throttle body is exactly these same)
Mine (Not Injen - home made with hydro shield Injen and K&N filter):
20151215_080521_zpsez4j61md.jpg

and fit for CL9.
Now is short arm but i've got long arm as well :)
Sound is awesome!

p.s. you dont really need the hydro shield if you are running the short ram as water wont get up that high into the engine bay (unless u take ur car off road regularly!) Or am i missing something? nice work on the welding btw.

Cool cheers guys and it does look good , I've seen this on eBay What you all think

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

johnny 5 said:
p.s. you dont really need the hydro shield if you are running the short ram as water wont get up that high into the engine bay (unless u take ur car off road regularly!) Or am i missing something? nice work on the welding btw.
I know.
I bought HS before and idea was fit on long arm but i decided fit short arm first to check sound (and difference) and HS was at this same box (ready to fit) then... why not? Better then leave on shelf for couple months :)

I've had a short ram AEM on my CL7 in the past which suffered from heat soak and affected performance. I've been running the Injen CAI for years now and it's worth it IMO. Check my build thread.