What's new

CL7 drive belt

dandreye

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2L MT (CL7)
Hi All,

By now I'm well aware of several threads on (electric power steering) CL7 models' drive belts being shorter (1690mm) than 1760mm listed all over the place but only fitting hydraulic power steering CL7 models. That finally (after 5yrs of ownership!) made me realise why there's one less bottle in this car vs my previous CG9 :) Just wondering how Gates 7PK1685 is doing in such cars: not causing too much tension and strain on all those bearings? I just bought myself a Blueprint 1687mm one, it wasn't that easy to put it on but it fits perfectly fine with the marker right within the range now.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Hi mate,
I just replied to the other thread i created a while back which you messaged me on.
Not sure how to link this to that thread

7pk1689/38920rba013 is the correct belt/honda part number.
I dont think 2mm difference in drive belt length will be an issue. As long as the pointer is in range it should be good. But im no mechanic so maybe someone else can say if 2mm difference would cause any issues

Hi @ally,

Thanks for your reply. Good to hear it's working well. Here's a direct link to your reply there. My experience with mine so far is:
- the pointer that initially was right in the middle of that rectangle has moved to the edge of it, so the belt clearly gave a few mm
- there's a slight rustling noise while the engine is warming up. I've tried recording a video with it where despite all that engine noise it's still audible (it's the higher frequency one). Just hope it's not an indication of something getting damaged or strained too much...

Part number wise, I think 38920-RBA-003 and 38920-RBA-004 are equivalent to 38920-RBA-013.

Last edited:
@dandreye
I think it may be worth getting the pulleys and alternator checked by a mechanic. From looking at the video the alternator looks like its still the original? Mine was similiar looking and despite the belt replacement the alternator one day started to make a loud noticeable humming noise. Car was still driveable but a reconditioned alternator fixed the issue.