What's new

Clarion stereo removal keys?

swiss

Members
Reaction score
Car
98 Coupe 2.0i ES
Yo ho me hearties. Pursuant to research on installing a CD changer, I suspect it may be wise to pop the stereo out and have a butcher's hook at the connections. The head unit is a Clarion 828TW, and it also says 'GAEU' on there if that means anything to anyone.

My question is this: does anyone know, please, the correct type of keys I need to buy to release the unit? On eBay I see two kinds described as 'Clarion', thus and so.

Ta muchly

Try contacting the seller with the serial number on the stereo or is it behind the unit.
Or at that price you could buy the 2 sets ;)

Pff, you think us humble civil servants are made of money? B)

Think perhaps I shall drop in to the local Clarion-approved chaps tomorrow.

*bump*

Apologies for the delay in replying, indeed for my general absence these past few moons. But you see I have been away at sea, battling pirates, scurvy and the kraken on behalf of her maj. Can't help thinking there's a better way to earn a living.

Anyway, that PDF is what I call clear instructions. Actually I can't honestly recall what my tape deck looks like now, having been away so long and consumed too much b33r. But I shall certainly be having a crack when I get home in a few weeks. Ta very much for the info!