What's new

Cleaning EGR passage ways

Guys, the only difference is the EGR valve, gearbox and different fuel filter as far as I am aware. The software revisions are obviously different but the actual values that are changed in the remaps are identical to the pre facelift - and bear in mind the power output remained the same at 138bhp/251lb/ft

I've got a reply from Powerenhancer regarding the ability BG244 to clean the EGR system. It seems like a well respected product, but I thought I'd them specifically about how it can clean the exhaust side of things. Here is the reply; Click to read Scroll down to the bottom of the page to read my question and their reply. My car would likely benefit from a clean out anyway, so I've decided to give this a try.

Ed, that reply actually makes some sense. In principle, it sounds like it might work. I'll await your test results with eager anticipation...

cj that's great news,i would like to thank you personally for finding about this great product as I was having the hesitation on my accord so I thought what the heck just buy it.so I did two three days ago, arrived today.on first impression I thought how can a small can like this clear my fuel system.my fuel tank was nearly on empty so I poured it in filled it up with diesel to a full tank. Ok so currently I have done 40 miles and guess what? No hesitation, its smooth, I've tested it but no hesitation so it must have done the trick.I'm so impressed cuz I've tried other additives and it never cured it, so guys if your having hesitation or flat spots go for it, ;-) thanks again CJ

Thats great CJ, might order some then. Ed let me know what your thoughts are.

Waj is yours a facelift or pre facelift? I might order some, as there is no harm in trying, but I am not holding out much hope B)

Fingers, toes, arms legs and everything else crossed :lol:

Thats great CJ, might order some then. Ed let me know what your thoughts are.

Waj is yours a facelift or pre facelift? I might order some, as there is no harm in trying, but I am not holding out much hope :)

Fingers, toes, arms legs and everything else crossed :)

Nick, I got the BG244 and also the MAF cleaner a couple of days ago. I'm waiting till I need to put some fuel in before using the additive, just my luck I filled already so want to use a bit first so I can get it well mixed up in my tank by putting a few gallons in from the pump, basically to follow their instructions. Also just a spare afternoon to spray the MAF and let it do its stuff.

I'll be sure to let you know how it goes.

Cheers Ed. Waiting wih anticipation B)

Guys iv been using millers fuel add but i haven't really noticed any difference.If this is any good i may get some as well.

I think I'll be ordering a bottle of this stuff today. I'm intrigued more than anything else... I think it's black magic personally :wub:

Ordered mine yesterday, BG244 and the MAF cleaner. Will post my results also. I have a long trip to Wales this weekend, so wont be using the BG244 till i get back as apparently its better/more effective if you can use it on shorter journeys over a week or more!

The must be making a wedge off us lot :)

Guys can we move the BG products discussion here please

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/index.php?/topic/603-bg-fuel-cleaning-products/

To anyone interested, I posted a DIY on how to clean the inlet manifold, the EGR side. Will do the EGR tomorrow if possible. See the DIY section.
dan