What's new

CleanYourCar Detailing Kit

A

Attaboy

I went for the Carlack and Collinite 915 kit and I'm very pleased with the results.

Collinite 476 is supposed to last longer which might make it a better winter option but the 915 has a wet look to the shine which is what I wanted.

After shampooing I used the Carlack first which was excellent as it took off loads of dirt and removed minor scratches around the door handles.

Then I finished off with two coats of the Collinite wax

collinite1.jpg

By attaren at 2011-09-11

which gives very effective beading

collinite2.jpg

By attaren at 2011-09-11

Looks really nice mate, was it hard to apply and remove?

Looks awesome, never heard of Carlack, is it doing a similar job to claying?

Cheers guys.

The Carlack needed a little bit of elbow grease, but the wax is dead easy, it just wipes on.

Yeah I think it's similar to clay, and it was amazing how much dirt there was on the cloths considering it was a newly washed car. One of the people who reviewed it said it took dirt off his car after he had used his claybar.

Looks good and the best colour too. :D gonna try to do mine in the next week or 2 before winter and will get some pics up.

Wow, your car looks amazing, it is beautifully polished. I've yet to buy polish to use on my car but today my hubby is outside polishing his car with Turtle wax dark red colour magic and it is rubbish. It hasn't added any further shine or covered the tiny scratches.

I went to Halfords yesturday and came away with only Turtle wax Ice for the interior of my Hubbies car, worked really well, don't know what the polish will be like though...........

The colour of your car is my favourite Honda colour, we couldn't find a car in that colour when we were looking. :(

Thanks Michelle, yes these products are a real eye opener, and the photos on the 'what polish' thread are fantastic. I'm sure yours will come up a treat after a bit of TLC.

Thanks Michelle, yes these products are a real eye opener, and the photos on the 'what polish' thread are fantastic. I'm sure yours will come up a treat after a bit of TLC.

:) I'm going to have to have a really good read of that thread and decide what polish to buy and get it bought and get on with it lol.

One thing though, the only reason I totally hate polishing cars is that the polish gets on the plastic (even if you're really careful) then it marks the plastic white. What were the polishes you used like to apply? Did you have to keep away from the plastic bits or can you use them over the plastic? Cheers.

That was a problem on my 6th gen Accord, but there wasn't really any exposed plastic on the 7th gen, it's either chrome or painted, and the rubber round the windscreen is smooth so easy to wipe down. So nothing to hold you back from the job lol & look forward to seeing your car pics soon!

That was a problem on my 6th gen Accord, but there wasn't really any exposed plastic on the 7th gen, it's either chrome or painted, and the rubber round the windscreen is smooth so easy to wipe down. So nothing to hold you back from the job lol & look forward to seeing your car pics soon!

Lol, you'll have a long wait for the photos................ I was looking at the roof bars and thinking that they will be a right pain in the rear to polish around.

I'm going to make note of the polishes you've used and go and have a search for them.

PS: I wouldn't mind, I've spent nearly all weekend working on my Husbands new roundabout, his sits outside though so needs the protection from the weather, mines in a garage.

Is this the sort of thing? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collinite-915-Wax-Detailing-Kit-Special-Offer-/290591131711?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item43a894c83f

Is this the sort of thing? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Collinite-915-Wax-Detailing-Kit-Special-Offer-/290591131711?pt=UK_Car_Accessories_Car_Care_Cleaning&hash=item43a894c83f

Michelle,

Cliff went for this kit cleanyourcar

One of the important things is the paint cleansing, that helps get rid of bits of dirt that you cannot remove by washing alone. The collinite then helps to protect the finish

Michelle,

Cliff went for this kit cleanyourcar

One of the important things is the paint cleansing, that helps get rid of bits of dirt that you cannot remove by washing alone. The collinite then helps to protect the finish

Many thanks for the link the that kit, it works out much cheaper than the polish alone.

Cheers Carl, I was cleaning bird poo off it at 7am so I guess that's me in the OCD club :rolleyes:

Cheers Carl, I was cleaning bird poo off it at 7am so I guess that's me in the OCD club :rolleyes:

:lol:

Yep certainly looks like it !

You know your there when all the curtains start twitching and your here comments like, he's at that car again!

I'm sure the birds keep a look out for a shiny car or wait until you've just finished.