What's new

Clicking from aux belt 2.4 ex auto!

jonhond

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord EX T
Been quiet for a while(probably because car is trouble-free and mileage averaging 60 a week!!lol!!

Odd trip to Swansea and heard clicking, faster as revved. Investigated and seems to be the aux belt. Any ideas guys?? Safe? Serviced April just after purchase and no issues. 2000 miles on from there, and just a 200 mile run to Swansea and back once a month, otherwise mileage negligible!

Cheers,

Jon

I'd say the clicking is more than likely a bearing on the way out rather than the belt. The belt would squeak/squeal rather than click.

Simplest solution is to remove the belt, and check each pulley (including the alternator) for excessive play.

jayok said:
I'd say the clicking is more than likely a bearing on the way out rather than the belt. The belt would squeak/squeal rather than click.

Simplest solution is to remove the belt, and check each pulley (including the alternator) for excessive play.
Not always, wear on the belt can cause the rattle since the belt is uneven (thus the momentum pushes the wheel(s) left and right as it goes round). This happened to my Primera (first car) and belts fixed it.

Be sure that the pulleys are all tightened up to the correct torque settings and hopefully fingers crossed it will have cured the noise.