What's new

Clock/cubby hole removal.

luvmyaccord

6th & Type R Mod
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type R
Hey all.

Does anyone have a how to, or any tips about removing the CD cubby hole thing and the clock? I need to change the light on my clock, but can't find anything to undo/remove/move.

Any help gratefully received.

Hey all.

Does anyone have a how to, or any tips about removing the CD cubby hole thing and the clock? I need to change the light on my clock, but can't find anything to undo/remove/move.

Any help gratefully received.

hi m8

if you unscrew the gear knob with your hands then put your fingers in the gear gator at the back and pull up 9red arrows)working your way to the front yellow arrow.

now remove the ashtry and 12power socket by unscrewing the 4 screws marked

and then there is the cubby with the clock held in by the 4 gold screw, remove these and it will just lift out :) job done.

RESULT!!!!!

Thanks Gordon. Much appreciated dude!!!!

Will have a go when i FINALLY get a day off!!!! God knows when that'll be though lol.

first time i did this took me 10mins now i can have mine apart in 5 lol

so mybe give it a go on your lucnh brake :D

RESULT!!!!!

Thanks Gordon. Much appreciated dude!!!!

Will have a go when i FINALLY get a day off!!!! God knows when that'll be though lol.

any chance of a step by step please luvmyaccord this is one thing i need to do ;) :rolleyes:

thanks Dewiwayne

Pretty easy to do, did it in 3 minutes when I was cleaning the car, you'd be surprised at the amount of dirt that gets under that piece of trim

any chance of a step by step please luvmyaccord this is one thing i need to do ;) :rolleyes:

thanks Dewiwayne
Yeah no worries mate. Won't be able to do it till wednesday as that's my next day off, but will happily do one.

Had a quick look while on my break and the only differnece between doing my ATR and the 6th gen accord will be that i need a spanner to remove my gear knob. But will defo post one when i've managed it.

hi m8

if you unscrew the gear knob with your hands then put your fingers in the gear gator at the back and pull up 9red arrows)working your way to the front yellow arrow.

now remove the ashtry and 12power socket by unscrewing the 4 screws marked

and then there is the cubby with the clock held in by the 4 gold screw, remove these and it will just lift out :) job done.

Thanks TIN-MAN for the excellent write up. I did this job today as i wanted to install an external temp guage in the tray. Super instructions and a very easy job to do! ( routing the sensor through the front wing, however, was a right royal pain in the **** ! )

Thanks TIN-MAN for the excellent write up. I did this job today as i wanted to install an external temp guage in the tray. Super instructions and a very easy job to do! ( routing the sensor through the front wing, however, was a right royal pain in the **** ! )

no bother :D

if you said i could of made your job a bit easier lol theres a gromet under the pedal box thats free to use its about 20mm dim and easy to get to from both sides :D