What's new

Clock gone haywire !

Stollwerckman

Reaction score
Car
Accord EX 2006 dies
Accord EX with sat nav 2013 2.0 l vtec petrol. Lovely car - 49000 miles never messed with . The clock and ***ociated functions on the sat nav have now got a mind of their own and at present show 2 hrs 10 mins ahead having tried the usual disconnect the battery and reboot advice . Honda UK are apparently aware that this is a software problem in the car , got it in writing , and tell me that their " technical team " are trying to come up with a fix !
Has anyone any more information ?
I know it's not a killer for the car but it's Extremely annoying !

David

Yes.
Its a known issue from the 1st Jan Honda are working on the issue. Below is the response I received from Honda UK.

Thank you for contacting Honda UK and we hope your day is going fine.

We are sorry to learn about the inconvenience caused related to the clock of your Honda Accord and Honda CR-V.

Please be kindly advised that we have just received some more information regarding the matter and were advised that the Honda technical department are currently working on the issue.

Once there is a fix for this Honda authorized dealers will be made aware of it and will be able to ***ist with this at that point.

As such it would be best to check with your local Honda authorized dealer on any updates for this as they would have the latest information for this and will be able to ***ist once the fix is released. They can also contact the Honda technical department for additional ***istance with this if necessary.

Thanks for that
I received the same generic reply which doesn't bode well for anyone looking for customer service from Honda . This is my 14th Accord and whilst the screen is far too dim - tried everything - this clock issue is my only beef !
The last time I disconnected the battery and rebooted the clock started at 1.00 so I'll do it again at 1.00 , you never know ?
Seriously not good enough from Honda , my wife has a 16 plate Jazz EX , at least that one knows what time it is !

I picked up my new [to me] 2105 Accord just this afternoon and the clock is an hour out. The sat nav menu time adjustment option just doesn't do anything despite it reporting -1 hour. My previous 2004 Accord had a similar issue and I sussed out the pulling the battery trick but then eventually it sorted itself out.

I believe the problem will sort itself out some time in August this year. I ***ume Honda is stalling, waiting for the issue to disappear.

Unfortunately I don't have links to the issue in English, but I definitely read that it's a temporary issue which will only last a few months.

If you can't wait until August, you can try to disconnect the battery and reconnect it at 1am or at midnight, I can't remember which one.

Thanks for that . I did the battery trick at 1.00 pm and hence after noon it's fine , mornings not so good , deduct 12 hours . Do it at 01.00 am ( just when all good folk are fast asleep ) and all would probably be fine until British Summer time arrives in 2 weeks . I think I'll wait until then , does that make it 02.00 am ? or midnight ? I'm 78 but I'll work it out .
Honda UK read these forums and I would therefore put it to them that they have failed miserably in every regard in relation to this clock issue. Their customer service produces generic and indeterminate replies such as " Our Technical experts are working on it " I have owned over 14 Accords since the early 1980 's , never a clock problem.
This is ridiculous and shouldn't take a 12 yr old more than 10 minutes to sort out .

What does anyone else think ?

David

My understanding is that the battery trick works on European models and not UK ones!!!

After noon the clock now reads fine but it refuses to change from the 24 hrs system to the 12 hrs one so between midnight and noon it reads 12 hours too many . When British Summer Time arrives in a couple of weeks I'll have another go . My car was built in JAPAN so EU or UK shouldn't make any difference? My mk 7 Accord , 2006 built, never had this ridiculous problem. Honda should be doing much better .

Same problem here with my Gen8 tourer. Noticed it after I reconnected the battery after a charge. Interested to see what the fix is and when Honda will announce it.

63 plate Accord EX . The best I've got from Honda is " working on it " . Not sure they are really , been months since this ridiculous problem arose and yet supposedly one of the best motor manufacturers can't be bothered to sort it out. I was a loyal customer for over 40 years - my next car won't be a Honda . The 3 yr. warranty says everything , almost all manufacturers do better.

After clocks change at the weekend my clock is now correct!!!! instead of a hour fast. Hopefully a permanent fix before the clocks change again in October. I did turn off the Auto time change in the settings before hand.

63 plate Accord EX . The best I've got from Honda is " working on it " . Not sure they are really , been months since this ridiculous problem arose and yet supposedly one of the best motor manufacturers can't be bothered to sort it out. I was a loyal customer for over 40 years - my next car won't be a Honda . The 3 yr. warranty says everything , almost all manufacturers do better.

Because of a clock issue on a product that is not even manufactured by Honda ?

I'm not sure I'd base my car buying decision on something as trivial as a clock, I think reliability is far more important than an incorrect time on a digital clock.
On that basis alone I would find it hard to walk away from a Honda, but you pays your money and you takes your chances.

I would like to think that Honda are on the case pressurising the manufactures of the various Sat Nav/head units for a resolution.

Just my thoughts!

I'm not sure I'd base my car buying decision on something as trivial as a clock, I think reliability is far more important than an incorrect time on a digital clock.
On that basis alone I would find it hard to walk away from a Honda, but you pays your money and you takes your chances.
Agreed but it unfortunately demonstrates Hondas inability to :-
A Communicate with their customers, loyal or otherwise.
B Make adequate arrangements with their suppliers for after sales service of their products.

This unfortunately and very probably is the thin end of a very large wedge whereby Honda descend to the kind of poor customer service that my Father experienced when he bought a Mercedes. Their dealerships were atrocious, albeit some years ago now .

I've emailed my Honda dealer twice , weeks now , regarding this " minor " issue - NOTHING !

My " beef " is not with Honda reliability, after 14 Accords I'm fully aware in that regard, but with their communication and customer service abilities .

I would like to think that Honda are on the case pressurising the manufactures of the various Sat Nav/head units for a resolution.

Just my thoughts!
So would I . Unfortunately they were fully aware of this in January and have yet to see fit to notify affected owners or to offer any timescale for its remedy .
The only solution, to actually give you a correctly reading digital clock is - bearing in mind that this is the 21st century :-

Disconnect the car battery at around 11.30 pm and reconnect at midnight precisely . Your radio may need its code .
This isn't from Honda, their service on this " minor " issue has been pathetic.
40 years of Honda Accords .

Toyota Camry, few and far between, look attractive .

....bearing in mind that this is the 21st century :-

Pleased to hear you have had it fixed early then, the 'timescale' for a resolution has always been no later than end August 2022.

But go ahead and buy a Toyota if you feel Honda is the one letting you down.

Hardly fixed ! If I disconnect and reconnect the battery at MIDNIGHT ! the clock may well be correct until the autumn - big deal . The sat nav is another story ! If Tesla and many others update their vehicles wirelessly I find it incredible that a major manufacturer like Honda feels itself able to totally ignore their customers who they KNOW to be effected by this very annoying problem . The customer service on this issue is non existent. I gather Toyota have similar difficulties, I trust their customers are kept better informed .
If it was a mechanical problem and the remedial part was promised by August 2022 I suggest that the resulting furore would perhaps persuade Honda to " get their fingers out "
This isn't the Honda company that I've known for over 40 years .

Mine appears to be working again, but I'm not sure if it's getting the date/time from the GPS anymore. Seems I have to set it manually? Anyone else?

No. Mine has recently gone back to being an hour behind again, after being correct for most of the summer.

If you have satnav I don't think you can set it manually, but I may be wrong.

It reset itself around the 17th of August. I have the sat nav version and it works great, just need to turn auto daylight saving off and adjust the clock by 1 hour.

See this thread for some useful info.

Seems that they have sorted it . My clock was an hour out but accepted correction which it refused to do previously . Honda promised to email me when the " fix " was made as did Marshall Honda in York - nothing yet ! Over 6 months to get a car clock to show the correct time and to offer no apology whatsoever doesn't inspire confidence in Honda .

Seems that they have sorted it . My clock was an hour out but accepted correction which it refused to do previously . Honda promised to email me when the " fix " was made as did Marshall Honda in York - nothing yet ! Over 6 months to get a car clock to show the correct time and to offer no apology whatsoever doesn't inspire confidence in Honda .

The clock 'fault' had nothing to do with Honda, as you know.

Do I ?
Regardless of the problem's origin it doesn't mitigate the fact that both Honda UK and my local dealer failed to fulfil their promises to inform their customers when a " fix " was available or to keep them informed .
I reiterate my earlier thoughts .

Do I ?
Regardless of the problem's origin it doesn't mitigate the fact that both Honda UK and my local dealer failed to fulfil their promises to inform their customers when a " fix " was available or to keep them informed .
I reiterate my earlier thoughts .

The 'fix' was always to wait until mid-August.

It's now September, yet you seem to be stuck in July.

Will you have a similar rant in 2041 now knowing the GPS epoch has nothing to do with Honda ?

Of all the things one could choose to rant about, a misreading clock or satnav is the least of them. Bad engines or drivetrains or suspension or body squeaks and rattles would all be much more of a genuine fault than an unforeseen bug on a now discontinued but still highly able vehicle.
I drove mine over 700km this weekend and it didn't miss a beat and with Fahads stage 2 mods it was a pleasure to give the engine some time at higher (legal )speeds.
These are fabulous cars in my mind and a small thing like a bad clock is not worth worrying about.

Just noticed my clock came in sync last week but 2 hours behind

Through the sat nav I adjusted the clock 2 hours forward and woohoo the clock shows the correct time.