What's new

Clock is one hour out

bigngroovy

Members
Reaction score
Car
06 cdti tour-nav-hft
Hi All,
Have an 06 tourer with NAV, and a couple of days ago the LCD clock at the top of dash (by Hazzard switch) became one hour fast.
I've tried going into the settings and clock adjustment, but whatever I set it to won't save, so won't update the top display. it does say WET (Western European Time, not sure if this can be changed?).
Have tried daylight saving on/off, no difference.
Held the 3 buttons to get into the diagnostic menu, the time is shown correctly here, but the date is wrong and it won't allow me to manually adjust it.... (it will let me adjust but just won't save)
Have done an update from this menu but the issue still remains.
really scratching my head here. Anyone have any pearls of wisdom for me please?
Thanks.

Had also this issue, changed mannually 1hour and clock was showing fine.
Yesterday ive unplugged battery when reconnected now clock isnt showing right at all, unit connected to GPS just fine(with 8 active satellites) in few minutes and previously also right time clock went up, now it just shows default time and i cannot change it even manualy in clock adjustment.
In map, menu, back settings GPS time is showing that it is year 2002 and when i change time there also nothing changes.

Is this honda's way of saying that 7th gen accord is old and not supported anymore?

Screenshot_20220118_095835 (1).jpg

Anything with a satnav coordinator is likely to suffer anomalies in the next few months.

No fixes (though you could disconnect the aerial, or wear a watch), except waiting until the epoch is over.

Ok thanks for your answers.
Interesting that there is no 'manual' clock set option, only automatic GPS clock read. In years i have got used that always clock is in my eye sight, now when it is showing completely different time it is tripping me. :)

I guess last fix is that i could disconnect battery, then wake up before 01:00 in night (as this is the default clock time when battery is reconnected) and then it will be showing +/- the right time. :)

Just changed my main battery few weeks ago and noticed this on mine.
Reset to 1am and hasn't synchronized since.

So annoying not having a working clock as I always tend to glance at the clock in the mornings during the commute.

Just changed my main battery few weeks ago and noticed this on mine.
Reset to 1am and hasn't synchronized since.

So annoying not having a working clock as I always tend to glance at the clock in the mornings during the commute.

Looks like the promised Honda August update has actually happened! I’ve managed to reset mine. How this came about was that, after experiencing months of my clock being precisely 1hour and 3 minutes slow, I noticed this morning that it was only 1 hour slow (the extra 3 minutes missing. It also flipped over to the new hour on the hour as per BBC Radio 4. This evening as I drove home, I managed to simply adjust the clock via the satnav menu and….hey presto!!

Good to have the right time again.

Looks like the promised Honda August update has actually happened! I’ve managed to reset mine. How this came about was that, after experiencing months of my clock being precisely 1hour and 3 minutes slow, I noticed this morning that it was only 1 hour slow (the extra 3 minutes missing. It also flipped over to the new hour on the hour as per BBC Radio 4. This evening as I drove home, I managed to simply adjust the clock via the satnav menu and….hey presto!!

Good to have the right time again.

This is good to know, did you have to do anything at all? How does it get altered? (sorry, I've only had my 7th gen a month and it did come with it being 1hour out and so I'm not sure how the system works).

This is good to know, did you have to do anything at all? How does it get altered? (sorry, I've only had my 7th gen a month and it did come with it being 1hour out and so I'm not sure how the system works).
Go into the MENU button on your satnav screen, then press Setting at the top right of the screen, then button ‘2’ at the top right, then ‘Clock Adjustment’ and adjust accordingly using time adjustment buttons. Then press ‘Done’

Go into the MENU button on your satnav screen, then press Setting at the top right of the screen, then button ‘2’ at the top right, then ‘Clock Adjustment’ and adjust accordingly using time adjustment buttons. Then press ‘Done’

Great :)

It adjusted no problem! I've only had this car a month and no matter how hard I tried to adjust the clock the same day I took ownership, it simply wouldn't adjust from being one hour out! Today, it finally did it effortlessly!

Thank you for the heads up :)