What's new

Clock question

jakey1973

Members
Reaction score
Car
2001 Accord Sport
Hello everyone!

I just went to add a clock from an exec into my sport and i cant even find the 4 pin plug!! Was it wrong to ***ume that all the accords have the same wiring loom but the exec takes advantage of the unused connectors in lower spec models ?

The only connector that fits is cigar lighter connector. Anyone know why it would be missing or is the cable maybe an extension of the cigar cable thats just not present?

Anyone with any ideas, as this has foxxed me a little :unsure: ??

cheers

Geoff

I would have thought the loom would be specific to spec.
In the past cars tended to use the same loom, but they had far less options in them.

Hi Geoff

To understand this correctly you have removed a clock from a 1999/2002 ex accord and wish to add it to a equivalent year accord sport model, is that right?

Not sure that’s right as to my understanding and knowledge the EX accord was equipped with a climate control as standard unit which has built in clock and some ES & SE models, However the S & LS & Sport & Type-R spec' models have a basic clock located closer to the gear stick just above the compartment . However if you are trying to fit a clock to an accord with climate control it wont have the wires as it already has a clock built in? Additionally if it does have a climate unit and your clock is dark it’s a simple £1 bulb you can get from Honda? Anyway see pictures below for reference

SE model with climate unit

ES model with climate unit

LS model with standard heater controls + separate clock

SE model with standard heater controls + separate clock

Stu'

Yeah sorry Stu, i should of made myself clearer looking at the references!. The chap said it was from an exec, he clearly got it wrong when i think about it logically! So it must of been from either the LS or the SE or even a Type-R! The clock was to fit near the gear-stick, but as i said i didnt see a "spare" wire and connector, and it was this that i was asking to see if it should be there on my Sport or not!

Just to addl i did actually check to see if the clock would work by checking it on the cigar lighter's connector and it didnt, so i was left thinking it maybe runs off its own loom. i did have the bulb checked and replaced and still no joy.

Which kinda brings me back to my original question!

Geoff

So are we saying the looms are actually different through-out the range then?

....And on my Sport, i cant put this clock in? :wacko:

Anyone...???

So are we saying the looms are actually different through-out the range then?

....And on my Sport, i cant put this clock in? :wacko:

Anyone...???

There will a part no for the loom. How about ringing Honda and see if there is different part no's for the looms. I'll still feel there will be different looms in the various models.

There will a part no for the loom. How about ringing Honda and see if there is different part no's for the looms. I'll still feel there will be different looms in the various models.

Yeah i think your right; i was hoping i would get a nice n quick addition to the car...clearly i failed on that one...adding a new loom is probably gonna be expensive and above my head if i was being honest, just for a clock! Thankyou anyway Rob.