What's new

clutch master cylinder

JAPIMPORT

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 ACCORD SE
Hi i have got more problems,today :( i was finding it hard to put the car in gear sometimes so decided to have a look at the clutch fork and slave cylinder to see if i could see anything,and i noticed that the clutch fork was loose and the piston on the slave cylinder was easy to push in and there was no pressure,so i had taken the slave cylinder of to inspect it closely,as i only replaced it a couple of weeks ago,it looked ok,i put it back on and bleed the brakes,and now the pedal stays on the floor no mater how many times i bleed it nothing changes,so i m thinking it must be the clutch master cylinder that has failed,im going mad now as ive just got the clutch done and now this,anyone have any ideas on what it could be

Today the problem is solved, :) i re bleed the clutch for awhile this morning and i now have it back working again,i must not of bleed it right the first time

hi me again its back again the clutch feels soft again,im nearly sure its the clutch master cylinder failing,ive just a quick question for anyone driving a 6th gen,when the car is idle can you push the slave cylinder piston in using the clutch fork and does it return

JAPIMPORT said:
hi me again its back again the clutch feels soft again,im nearly sure its the clutch master cylinder failing,ive just a quick question for anyone driving a 6th gen,when the car is idle can you push the slave cylinder piston in using the clutch fork and does it return
If you push the clutch slave cylinder in, yes, it will return to it's previous position.
It makes no difference if it's the engine is running or not

skhell said:
If you push the clutch slave cylinder in, yes, it will return to it's previous position.
It makes no difference if it's the engine is running or not
should the piston be easy to push in

It's not something that you do with a single finger, but it's not that hard.