What's new

Clutch pedal doesnt doesnt come back up

Kool Keith

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord i CTDi 2.2
Hi all

I've seen similar issues on here but none exactly the same.

I have a 09 accord. When I try to go into reverse, the clutch pedal stays on the floor, this will happen 8 out of 10 times while driving. It happened before then went back to normal, now its started again. And over the last few days the the same issue is happening with the 1st gear(not as much).

Note: this morning went on the school run and I'm having no issues

Seems something like the the hydraulics - clutch master or slave cylinder fault? It's only a guess!

put you head up under the dash and see if the master cylinder (connected to the clutch pedal) is damp, if its not then check around the bottom of the gearbox, you're looking for brake fluid.

put you head up under the dash and see if the master cylinder (connected to the clutch pedal) is damp, if its not then check around the bottom of the gearbox, you're looking for brake fluid.
It started acting up again. Thanks im gonna have a look and see whats up, thanks.

Hi Guys, I purchased a 2008 CU3 Accord back in march and was fighting a similar problem for a long time. Initially thought to be an issue with the master cylinder too.

Unfortunately for me it to turn out the dual mass fly wheel was badly damaged taking a new clutch with it. I've since had a new flywheel master cylinder and clutch all in part of the trouble shooting which in the end has resolved the issue.

Be cautious when buying a new master cylinder, the first mechanic I brought the car to installed a new one without me asking which has failed twice on the diaphragm already in less than 2 months and is now being replaced again. Hope this information is helpful.

I'd recommend brining the car to a mechanic you know and trust and ask them to inspect the flywheel, many issues which existed on my car were the by product of the failed flywheel including OBD error codes P126D and to top it all off there were none of the usual indictors of a bad fly wheel like vibrations.

Hope this information is useful and saves you time and money in the long run!

Hi Guys, I purchased a 2008 CU3 Accord back in march and was fighting a similar problem for a long time. Initially thought to be an issue with the master cylinder too.

Unfortunately for me it to turn out the dual mass fly wheel was badly damaged taking a new clutch with it. I've since had a new flywheel master cylinder and clutch all in part of the trouble shooting which in the end has resolved the issue.

Be cautious when buying a new master cylinder, the first mechanic I brought the car to installed a new one without me asking which has failed twice on the diaphragm already in less than 2 months and is now being replaced again. Hope this information is helpful.

I'd recommend brining the car to a mechanic you know and trust and ask them to inspect the flywheel, many issues which existed on my car were the by product of the failed flywheel including OBD error codes P126D and to top it all off there were none of the usual indictors of a bad fly wheel like vibrations.

Hope this information is useful and saves you time and money in the long run!
if the flywheel was that badly worn it should of been obvious it was knackered

if the flywheel was that badly worn it should of been obvious it was knackered

I was under the same impression really, unfortunately replacing the clutch and master cylinder by the first mechanic didn't resolve the issue at all pedal just refused to come back up some times, since I've had the new fly wheel installed the issue has not come back at all! Just fighting a leaking master cylinder now unfortunately

I was under the same impression really, unfortunately replacing the clutch and master cylinder by the first mechanic didn't resolve the issue at all pedal just refused to come back up some times, since I've had the new fly wheel installed the issue has not come back at all! Just fighting a leaking master cylinder now unfortunately
how much did it set you back by? What gears was the clutch pedal no raising back up at? mine is reverse, gear 1 alot and now 2nd every now and again

It was predominantly in 1st 2nd and reverse like your experiencing but could happen in any gear randomly while driving too. So as far as price goes the fly wheel cost 591€ clutch 260€ and labor 422€ not sure what brand of flywheel they put in as I didn't ask believe the clutch is excedy