What's new

Clutch Pedal Tech Service Bulletin Diesel

SpeeLaT

Members
Reaction score
Car
i-CDTi SportWagon
Hi,

Anyone got the TSB for setting up the clutch pedal on a Diesel?

I have the workshop manual but was just wondering if they have revised the specs at all.

HI Newbie,

I haven't heard of this as I am a newbie also. I would be very grateful if you let me know where you got the workshop manual.

Thanks for any ***istance.

Joe.

HI Newbie,

I haven't heard of this as I am a newbie also. I would be very grateful if you let me know where you got the workshop manual.

Thanks for any ***istance.

Joe.

That place where they auction things on the internet ;) got it a while ago when things started to go wrong with the car. Just make sure the one you buy covers your model not many covered the diesel.

I guess what you are wanting is the clutch pedal to be stopped by the pedal mechanism and not the switch.

I guess what you are wanting is the clutch pedal to be stopped by the pedal mechanism and not the switch.
No, I have the detailed original spec on how to setup the clutch pedal and yes it was being held down by the switch and it was 13mm out of spec, but what I wanted to know was if the TSB had revised specs for pedal height, disengagement height, pedal travel, switch activation heights (there are two) free play. Its not just the switch acting as a pedal stop. Must say the clutch feels much better now (bites lower in the stroke) it is adjusted to Workshop Man Specs, despite looking odd, It sits higher than the brake pedal.

Fair enough!

The clutch pedal does normally sit higher than the brake. Think its so you aren't as likely to accidentally hit the brake pedal instead of the clutch.