What's new

Clutch & Remap (hopefully not duplicating previous queries)

Al0r

Members
Reaction score
Car
'06 Accord 2.2 iCDTI
Morning all

I had a quick search but failed to find anything specific to my questions. Apologies if this is repetition of previous subjects.

I've got a late 2006 2.2 i-CDTI (saloon) at just under 60k. Very happy with it since I bought it last year. I'd planned to spend a few quid on it, but life happened and I didnt have the cash to ***** straight away.

Now I've got the reddies, I'd like to get the obligatory remap. Ideally I'd be looking for F6HAD's Stage 2/EGR off map.

I completely understand the impact that (or rather, my driving style at the higher power output) will have on the existing clutch, but at the above level would it even be worth replacing with another standard Honda part or just biting the bullet at getting a performance paddle clutch installed?

If the general consensus is the latter, is CG in Leeds the Mecca for this kind of work? I'm in South Wales, and have no issues getting the car up to Leeds if they are the people for the job. If there are any more local recommendations, I'd love to hear them :)

Again, pre-emptive apologies if I'm one of those tedious people who has missed a hundred threads already covering the subject! :)

Cheers

Al

EDIT: And like a tool, Ive just realised this should have been in the "Modifying" section.... more caffeine needed!

EDIT2: Thanks for the move to the correct section.

Hi Alex.

if you're going to Stage 2 then I would advise a clutch upgrade for total peace of mind. I know CG have just launched a dual friction clutch with Solid Flywheel setup for the Honda's. One of my customers is due to have it fitted tomorrow and i've asked him to post his experience up here after he's run it for a while as i'm sure many of our members will be interested.

The key difference in this setup is that it has a solid friction disc as opposed to a paddle disc, so the juddering problems you get with a paddle clutch aren't there..

CG do a supply only so it's not necessary to visit them in person. If you speak to them, mention Fahad sent you.

Cheers

Fahad

There's a lot of info/reviews/descriptions on this Civinfo CG Motorsport sub-forum... http://www.civinfo.com/forum/cg-motorsport/

if you're going to Stage 2 then I would advise a clutch upgrade for total peace of mind. I know CG have just launched a dual friction clutch with Solid Flywheel setup for the Honda's. One of my customers is due to have it fitted tomorrow and i've asked him to post his experience up here after he's run it for a while as i'm sure many of our members will be interested.
I thought as much, and had almost resigned myself to having an upgraded clutch fitted. Very interesting about the dual-friction clutch - I'd be hugely interested in this chaps experience (and approx price).

The key difference in this setup is that it has a solid friction disc as opposed to a paddle disc, so the juddering problems you get with a paddle clutch aren't there..
I actually wasnt too concerns about the "juddery" characteristics of the paddle clutch. The gains are sufficient to overlook it imo.

CG do a supply only so it's not necessary to visit them in person. If you speak to them, mention Fahad sent you.
That's very good to know. Im torn between having the work done a bit more locally or sticking with the experts. The usual suspects for performance work in this part of the country tend to have recommendations/avoidance warnings in equal measure depending on who you speak to.

Thanks for the advice - really appreciated Fahad

Thanks for the link too Jon, I'll have a nose through :)

Al

Any feedback from your customer on the new clutch Fahad?

In other news, Bassetts Honda (Swansea) this morning confirmed a cracked manifold. Parts are on order and it should be booked in next week to be done under the 7 year / 125k warranty. No fuss or bother to be fair.

Well done to this forum for both alerting me to the issue, and giving info on the warranty for it.

Hi Alex,

Yep see here:

http://typeaccord.co.uk/forum/topic/13591-hello-all-another-first-time-poster

A bit of a mixed review on the clutch if i'm honest. Maybe drop him a line and check on his feedback after he's had the chance to cover some more miles.

Cheers

Fahad