What's new

Clutch slight vibration

f2raf

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord
My clutch is slipping in all gears now pretty much, there is a slight vibration on lifting clutch in 1st gear, not enough to make the pedal vibrate of any significance but just a buzz i can feel in the foot.

Does vibrating clutch mean change clucth onl or flywheel as well? how would i know if my Flywheels also going and also needs replacing? car has 140K

Do these cars have a self adjusting thingy for the clutch hydraulics? If so, could it be that what's sticking?

I have no idea. At the moment accelleration is problematic the revs go of the counter, gotta gradually build my speed up. Accelerate hard and revs go flying off. Clutch is slipping in all gears now. Although manage to drive back at 70mph and rpm at 2000 where it should be. Two mechanics have advised I should change the flywheel with the clutch. Without looking at car. Just because they say if it goes afterwards it's the same labour cost.

The DMF can be checked for excess movement when the clutch is done and then mechanic can advise.

LUK clutch fitted today. Flywheel was okay so I didn't change it. new gear box oil added. Running it in gently now for the first 100 miles. So far driving nice n smooth.

Nice to hear,that car is Ok now