What's new

Clutch trouble

DazTheMe

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord 2.2i Dtec
Was on my way to my closest Honda dealership to see if they had any touch up paint for my accord as it was so lovingly keyed last night and I noticed what seems to be my clutch slipping, tested quite a few times and seems to be in 3rd, 4th, 5th in between 2.2-3k ish revs (with foot hard down)

I've searched alot on these forums and am lead to understand that because the clutch needs preloading properly it can only be done by Honda.

Do Honda have a fixed price for clutch replacement for the 2.2 i-dtec and will it need a flywheel at the same time?

What kind of price will Honda charge and how long will the current clutch last?

Any information is greatly appreciated thank you

No fixed price on the Honda website for a clutch, but I remember around £500..

Ask a few dealers for a price.

How old is it and how many miles?

Is it mapped as this can sometimes wear the clutch.

It's not mapped, its a 2010 on a 59 plate, with about 89k on it. Yeah I'll have to see how it goes and ask some dealerships tomorrow :/

From what I remember I think it is about £650 for the clutch to be replaced. I think it is fixed price but I can't be sure. I walk past the sign every day but never really pay attention to it. I will check when I'm back to work tomorrow. Until the box is removed and the clutch is off for the flywheel to be inspected than wouldn't like to say if it needs one. Any competent garage should be able to do one as long as they have the tools to preload the clutch. A lot of manufacturers are going this way with the self adjusting clutches.

So I've had a quote from my closest Honda dealer for a clutch and flywheel (they said the flywheel will probably need doing at the same time) which they quoted around £1200. I know a clutch/flywheel kit from Cox is around £570. Would it be worth risking taking it to an independent or letting Honda do it at obviously ide expect them to set the clutch right ect, or will a competent independent be just as good?

Thanks again.

[SIZE=10.5pt]I have a 2.2 as well so used my car details on the Euro Car Parts site, the prices for LUK parts are as follows: £395 for DMF (dual mass flywheel), Clutch kit £130. There was an OE clutch kit at £350 but out of stock. [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]Then maybe find a a good indi! [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt] [/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt]I had a LUK clutch, DMF etc fitted to my last car by a good indi, the LUK parts come with a 2 year warranties as well.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=10.5pt][/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]Regards[/SIZE]

[SIZE=10.5pt]John S[/SIZE]

Thanks alot, I've decided to order a clutch + flywheel kit from Cox and it will be fitted by Honda, hopefully all goes well. I presume the parts would be almost identical to the ones Honda would use but without the mark up as 2 dealerships just quoted me £1000 for the flywheel part alone.

Thanks for everyones help, much appreciated :)