What's new

Coilovers, opinions?

JakeWhite

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.0 Vtec '99
So I'm looking to close the colossal gap on my accords wheel arches, at the mo I can't afford to shell out for £400-£500 coilovers, so whilst looking at normal springs, I came across these:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/390333367654?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649#ht_500wt_969
Now I know for the price they're not exactly going to be of H&R quality, but I just want to close the gap and then look toward coilovers when I start doing everything else, and at £40 this seems a good temp. solution?

Personally i wouldn't bother mate. It'll be £40 to buy them then whatever your local mechanic charges to fit them.

Just buy some Eibach springs and a 30mm drop is enough, and anymore on standard fit shocks will see them die very quickly.

Just my opinion though dude.

There's a reason coilsovers are £600 and those eBay coilovers are £40 ;)

As above, if you are just after a drop, 30/35mm springs should be fine on stock dampers.

I ran 35mm PI springs on my 5th gen for years without problem, handling was great too.

Ended up looking more like 40mm, but looked awesome.

Speed bumps become a pain, some car parks become inaccessible, old people struggle to get in and out you car, you can't open you door if there is a camber on the road as your door gets stuck on the kerb and you tyres wear quick on the inside, even with full geo set up. Other than that, lowering is great.

Thanks for the honest reply guys, if it means anything I can get them fitted for free. But I see what you mean, I will get some decent springs and look to coilovers later. Any half decent ones out there that I don't need a small loan for?