What's new

Coilovers

ParmarAccord

Members
Reaction score
Car
2006. 2.4 ex Accord
Hi,

I haven't much money to spare so what coil overs should I get and the best place to order from? Are second hand any good?

I dont want to sound rude, but suspension is really something you should not scrimp on.
They are the only things that help keep your tyres on the road and are a key safety aspect of any car.

If your looking for 'looks' then lowering springs would be much better than coilovers especially at the lower end of the price spectrum.

Do bear in mind that say the springs cost you £200...you still need to fit them, then get the cars Geometry checked and adjusted..
So it will be closer to £300 if you fit the springs yourself

I figured that would be the case. I've been looking on eBay and they range from £460 up to £1500.
What should I be looking for?

Go Eibach Lowering springs. probably one of the best springs to go for if its just lowering springs your after.
Its a very subtle drop - approx 30 to 35mm so it wont be slammed if that's what your after but it will be a good compromise between retaining the comfort and improving the handling whilst not damaging the existing dampers.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Eibach-Pro-Kit-Lowering-Suspension-Springs-Spring-Kit-E10-40-008-03-22-/141421490717?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Model%3AAccord%7CCars+Year%3A2006&hash=item20ed60b21d

If coilovers, then there are so many options ranging from D2, tein, Miester R etc

I do recommend Meister R, Zeta -s model. I have these on my 5th gen prelude and are fantastic. Jerrick form Miester R is great, excellent support and will answer all your queries
http://www.cyberspeeds.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=70_153

Hope this helps

Thanks for the advise guys, very much appreciated. I think I will go with the coilovers and wait to put them on

Jerrick is no longer selling the Meister-R coilovers for the Accord unfortunately (from what i was last told anyway!), I tried to do a group buy back in the days in which he said he would get them made up for us if there was enough demand but there wasnt much appeal back then...a popular choice of coilover for the accord however are BC-Racing. I ended up with a set of coilovers from Tegiwa under the name of Racing Logic. As someone mentioned above, HSD are another option. I would would suspect all are a similar ride quality when it comes to the lower end coilovers, however all are offering independent height and damper adjustment and mine came with pillowball top mounts so the choice is all yours depending on your budget! Either way, your car will look so much better once it is dropped to your desired height and there will be a lot lot less bodyroll when cornering ;) Only problem now is my local council have put up these stupid breeze block style speedhumps which scrape my exhaust everytime i go over them :angry: