What's new

Coloured Bonnet / Hood Trim Moulding?

mutsaip

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4i Type S
Guys, I'm thinking of changing my original grille for a carbon fibre one I had delivered recently on my 03 Type S. This did not come with the Bonnet / Hood Trim Moulding. The bonnet/hood trim on the car is finished in chrome,

and I was told by a spray painter today that this cannot be painted to the same colour of the car as its in chrome.

The car is blue so I want to get rid of all the chrome on the front to get a better match for the new carbon grille. I have seen some pics of 03-06 (pre-facelift) Accords with coloured bonnet/ hood trims. I have

searched the internet for a plain unpainted trim with no luck. Can anyone tell me how they managed to get their trim painted??

SORRY I posted this in the wrong place. It should be in the 7th Gen posts!!

I'll move it.

Painter is talking rubbish. He just can't be bothered. You need to rub all the chrome off and get to the plastic underneath it, then use the right plastic etch primers and just paint.

I had my chrome grill painted in my Vectra a few weeks ago and my cousin said it was a pain to prep it but it can definitely be done.

Thanx guys, I'm really itching to get the new grille on without the chrome. Somehow I really felt the guy just couldn't be bothered to help- at least he could have been professional. I'l go elsewhere and hopefully

have it sorted this weekend.

Cheers guys

Nice one Luka, I hadn't seen that web site
wink.gif

I did prep work myself. Alot of work with sand paper to completely remove the chrome. Or if you dont want bother LINK

When i did mine, i removed all the chrome which is a real mission the rest is easy. A few on here have just sanded to give a good key and use quality primer, dont know how theirs are going But mine is fine 6 months on.

Well done Sal, hope to do the same real soon.

When i did mine, i removed all the chrome which is a real mission the rest is easy. A few on here have just sanded to give a good key and use quality primer, dont know how theirs are going But mine is fine 6 months on.