What's new

Coming Home Lights & Auto Lane Signal

J4JAV

Mr OCD Detailing
Reaction score
Car
Accord CL7 & ATR
Hi Guys,

I will be doing a few mods on my car very soon once I have the wiring diagrams sorted and make sure it will work...

Coming Home / Leaving Home Feature

This comes on many Audis & Mercs and I think this will look cool and will work well with the Accord facelift as it has the dusk sensor....

http://www.audi.co.uk/new-cars/a6/a6-avant/convenience-features/coming-leaving-home-function.html

Auto Lane Signal

My dads Audi has this and so do the new Civics... simply when you just press the indicator on our Accords on the motorway to change lane you have to hold the indicator, wheras the Audi and newer Honda's you just press them once and they auto signal three times from just one press... I think im going to go for 6 auto flashes when you press the indicator.

Let me know what you think guys... any opinions welcome :)

CJ the new Accords have that indicator feature, im sure the one I test drove did that... the new Civics have it for defo

Jav i'd be interested in this. I have been chasing Blue Guru for the wiring diagram for his mirrors as I think I can grab a feed from what ever triggers his mirrors to fold when locked.

Have you got a diagram?

The auto lane doo dah is standard on my Tranny  :)

Is your tranny sexy?.... oh you mean your tranny van :lol: :( ;)

Panel van matey... and it has the see you home function, but I am b.uggered if I know how it works... 

comin home lights are sick, my mate has them on his cls. I've seen some cars that have a wee downward led light underneath the bottom of each door handle, would be sweet if you could incorporate that!

One touch auto turn signals are just lazy imno bro, lol!

The welcome lights is a good mod, with the indicators i think 6 flashes is too long plus how do you plan on doing it? Because the cars with it have a kinda 2 stage indiactor a soft touch which activates the 3 flash then if you push harder it on

i saw a merc clk the other day, the guy was walking back to his car and unlocked it with the keyfob then his auto lights came on. But as soon as he opened the door, they went off instantly, i thought that was cool. Only sidelights and front fogs so no problems with hids

Auto lights are only really meant to be for fog lights anyway. I'm interested in this mod and have been on the search for a circuit

Nice set of mods you got planned Jav, looking forward to the write up

i have just got rid of my type r at the end of aug to get the accord and i thought the indicators feature was very good and i miss it on this car.it also had auto lights and wipers i miss them too.

Hi guys,
I also modded the turnlights. With a PIC controller. Some of the characteristics:
- on a single touch, the lights flashes 6 times (changeable by a software download)
- if you touch longer than 250ms, they keep flashing until touch is released. And they turn off, only after finishing the duty cycle.
- if you forget to switch off, they switch automatically off after 5 minutes
- in case there is no power, they original relay takes over

it was quite some work, but a nice mod. I did it because i had installed LED's and since the orignal relais monitors the current through it, they flashed too fast. I didn't wanted to installed resister loads, because they become very hot.

if somebody is interested I can take some pictures or post a youtube movie.

Grz,

Jeroen

Some other mod's I did:
- all LED's (turnlights, front day lights, rear light, breaks lights, interior lights)
- front and rear parking sensors
- dvd-t car tv on build-in NAV screen with audio on modded ipod interface