What's new

Common Torque Specs

AndyB1976

Members
Reaction score
Car
2002 F18B2 CG8
Hello

I suggested a listing of torque specs back on the previous site, but it never really took off and fizzled away.

So, I'll list what I have for the 6th Gen (F18B2 CG8 2002), open to correction and additions (and for other gens) and if useful can maybe confirmed by a mod and pinned to DIY or that gen subforum.

I understand these values to be dry torque and you may want to look at wet torque values if you use an anti seize compound. I believe using an anti seize compound on the threads from what I have read online, will cause the bolt/nut to over-torque due to the lack of friction.

Rockerhead Cover Bolts 7.2lbf-ft
Spark Plugs 13lbf-ft
Sump Bolt 33lbf-ft
Wheels Nut 80lbf-ft
Brake Caliper Bolt 20lbf-ft
Brake Caliper Bracket Bolt 79.6lbf-ft

So let it live or may it fade away in peace.... :rolleyes: haha

Andy

Very handy - cheers Andy.

Anyone know any torques for the i-ctdi diesel. Namely the oil filter, sump plug and wheel nuts. They are about the only 3 I can tackle at the moment but any others would be useful. Who knows I might be able to pluck up the courage to have a go at other things such as fuel filter, brakes etc.

Oil filter cap is 25nm
Wheel nuts are 108nm

Just checked sum plug is 44nm not 30 as I thought

But surely you an Al can work some magic ? :).

Guys, was gonna edit the initial post to include the additional requests for the i-CDTi, and include Newton metres scale - but the edit option isn't available :lol:

1998-2002 Petrol

Rockerhead Cover Bolts.................. 7.2lbf-ft........9.76Nm
Spark Plugs ....................................13lbf-ft......17.63Nm
Sump Bolt .......................................33lbf-ft......44.74Nm
Wheel Nuts .....................................80lbf-ft.....108.47Nm
Brake Caliper Bolt............................ 20lbf-ft......27.12Nm
Brake Caliper Bracket Bolt............. 79.6lbf-ft.....107.92Nm

2003-2007 Diesel

Oil Filler Cap................................18.4lbf-ft..........25Nm
Wheel Nuts..................................79.6lbf-ft.........108Nm
Sump Bolt....................................32.4lbf-ft..........44Nm

Cheers for the info mate... the edit option goes away after a certain amount of time... think it increases with post count.

Dan,

Thanks for the explanation regarding the 'edit'. Hopefully when the majority of the common bolts/nuts are covered by generation, for your average diy'er, this can be tidied and pinned!

Andy