What's new

Confused with buying discs & pads

K24

Members
Reaction score
Car
Honda Accord Type S
Hi there people,

Brakes & discs need changing all round. So far nobody knows what size I need for the front & rear. 300mm or 280mm for the front? Rear 260mm or 280mm? Also pads with springs or without?

Any help would be great, car is a 2003 Type S accord (facelift)

Seen this on ebay but again same questions

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/ACCORD-2-0-2-2-2-4-03-08-FRONT-REAR-BRAKE-DISCS-PADS-/270681201276?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&fits=Car+Make%3AHonda%7CModel%3AAccord%7CCars+Type%3A2.4&hash=item3f05db5a7c#ht_706wt_1157

I think it's the 300mm but the best way to check is just measure your old ones
BTW a 2003 is a pre facelift

Ok cheers. I just ***umed people with similar cars must have come across similar scenario. Last solution is to measure them.

Any one else?

Only safe method is to measure them, you will know for sure.
From what I remember 260mm rear discs were for saloon version, 280mm for tourers. I am pretty sure front ones for 2.0 models were 280mm and for 2.4 and 2.2 diesel 300mm.

But best thing is to check yourself. Dan

Also im sure you can upgrade to the larger disks and pads on the same calipers.Guys correct me if im wrong.

You can't be sure what you need without measuring what you have... a previous owner might have already upgraded.

The front on the 2.4 are definitely 300mm and the pads don't have springs.
On the rear of the tourer its 280mm

Hi there people,

Brakes & discs need changing all round. So far nobody knows what size I need for the front & rear. 300mm or 280mm for the front? Rear 260mm or 280mm? Also pads with springs or without?

Is Genuine parts an option?

Genuine parts are a rip off really. Don't see the point in spending so much on dealer parts when parts such as Ferado, Blueprint and Brembo do the same job, probably even better

I totally disagree with that statement.
If you want fault free braking componants every time stick with stock.