What's new

Confusion over wheel sizes

phil the greek

Members
Reaction score
Car
'05 accord tourer
Hi again

The standard 15" alloys on the 2.0 Accord SE have got tyre sizes 195x65 R15 on them

I've found a website which works out all sorts of measurements for you and according to that, the wheel rim width can be anything from 5.5 to 7.0 inches.

Now - I've seen some wheels which are described as 15 x 6jj - what does the 6jj bit mean?

Also, if I see a wheel designated as 5x114.3x64 - what do all these numbers mean? I know it's something like Pitch circle diameter or something, but I would like to know more.

And finally - does anyone know what size the original 15" alloys were? i.e. how wide, and what other numbers do i need to know.

Thanks - phil

Phil,

the 6J means your rim is 6" wide

The 114.3 is the PCD. That is the distance between the bolt holes in mm

The 64.1 is the centre bore of your hub

And the ET55 is the offset

thanks for the replies gents.

Anyone know what the original rim width of the standard 15" tyre is please? I'm guessing 6" or 6.5".......

Phil I will get you those pictures fella , been away for the last 3 days. Back home now.
Don't worry now - I just managed to buy a set of 4 15" Honda alloys in good condition for the bargain price of £50 on ebay!

Bit of a result!

Lings Honda, they're a UK Dealer, they actually let you use a parts catalogue online, and usually the description tells you the tyre/wheel size.
http://www.lingshondacars.com/section.php?xSec=25&xPage=1&jssCart=59b388c96efa252b2639614474177c0a