What's new

Connection for 'door open'?

tbourner

TAF Member
Reaction score
Car
Abarth 595
Is there a fuse or link or connection of some kind I can connect to easily that comes from the 'door open' command, so for example would be at 12V when the alarm fob unlock button is pressed or the door is opened?

I know I could tap off a roof light, but then it'd also be 12V when that particular roof light is turned on, which would be pants.

Is there a fuse or link or connection of some kind I can connect to easily that comes from the 'door open' command, so for example would be at 12V when the alarm fob unlock button is pressed or the door is opened?

I know I could tap off a roof light, but then it'd also be 12V when that particular roof light is turned on, which would be pants.

According to a car alarm installers guide that i have, power unlock is pink/blue (-) in a green plug left side of fusebox, and door trigger is a green/red wire in a green 5 pin plug behind fusebox

I guess that means power unlock is an edge trigger signal rather than constant 12v? Might have to do some measuring and see, no idea how I'll measure the unlock signal with the bonnet up though!

door puddle light?

Yep, I know Jav used the interior light for his, which I might end up doing but I'm looking at a different route so would be easier if I could find a connection in the engine bay somewhere. Also would be nice if it worked on unlock and door open, but not when using the interior lights.

Its not the interior light im on about, its the one in the door that lights up when you open it. I used that, and also the door lock trigger in the door when wiring up my power folding mirrors

According to a car alarm installers guide that i have, power unlock is pink/blue (-) in a green plug left side of fusebox, and door trigger is a green/red wire in a green 5 pin plug behind fusebox
Is that the interior fuse box in the footwell? There is a green/red that goes to the ceiling lights, and there seems to be a yellow/blue permanent 12V up there too - the green/red goes to 0V from 6V when the door's opened, so if that's the same at the fuse box I can use that with a permanent 12V.

Is that the interior fuse box in the footwell? There is a green/red that goes to the ceiling lights, and there seems to be a yellow/blue permanent 12V up there too - the green/red goes to 0V from 6V when the door's opened, so if that's the same at the fuse box I can use that with a permanent 12V.
It doesn't specify, it just says fusebox, but all the other colours listed have locations there or ignition switch harness, or drivers kick panel so i would guess they would try to do all the connections as near to each other as possible