What's new

Cooling fan concern

Blanco808

Members
Reaction score
Car
Accord Type-S
Just a quick question for anyone. I have been seafoaming my s type today and had to then give it a spirited drive to flush it through afterwards. I have noticed, not only on my car, but also on other 2.0 sports and 2.4 type s's that i have test driven that the engive fan seems to kick in very quickly even when the car is sitting after starting from cold. Should this be a concern ? Other than that the engine treatment has really improved power delivery and smoothness over the revs.

Have you set the climate control to auto? If so thats the compressor fan kicking in for the ac as it runs on auto. Turn ac off and you'll no longer get the 2nd fan running as often as before. This same issue confused the hell out of me when i first got my type s too, lol :lol:

Exactly what Oz said! ;)

Sorry for the slow reply on this. Thanks Oz that makes sense. It seem to kick on even if you have any of the hvac funtions on, however, i have found that if you just adjust the blower speed without anything else on it seems to stay off ! Anywayi'm glad its just the compressor fan as you say a bit confusing, thanks for clearing it up.