What's new

correct amount of gearbox oil

millar

Members
Reaction score
Car
honda accord 2.4 ex
hi all,
sorry to be a pain, had local garage change the clutch in my 2.4 accord ex, also replaced gearbox oil which i bought from Honda, they advised 2.2 litres, and i have seen on a few post on here 2.2 litres, but local garage said they could only get 2 litres in the box then it started to come back out(not sure his exact words) so have they done it wrong??? why wont it take 2 litres, and should i go back and ask them to try putting other .2 litres in,

hi all,
sorry to be a pain, had local garage change the clutch in my 2.4 accord ex, also replaced gearbox oil which i bought from Honda, they advised 2.2 litres, and i have seen on a few post on here 2.2 litres, but local garage said they could only get 2 litres in the box then it started to come back out(not sure his exact words) so have they done it wrong??? why wont it take 2 litres, and should i go back and ask them to try putting other .2 litres in,

When I changed by gearbox oil, I only got a little over the 2 litres in and it was pouring back out. The owner's guide for my 2.4 6MT say 2.1 litres to fill, I ***ume if your mechanic is only getting 2 litres in, then there was a small amount of oil left in the box for the change. TBH, if it's seeping out of the check hole, then I wouldn't worry.

When I changed by gearbox oil, I only got a little over the 2 litres in and it was pouring back out. The owner's guide for my 2.4 6MT say 2.1 litres to fill, I ***ume if your mechanic is only getting 2 litres in, then there was a small amount of oil left in the box for the change. TBH, if it's seeping out of the check hole, then I wouldn't worry.

BTW - I ***ume it's a manual transmission, as the Auto has a dipstick.

yeah. 2 litres is fine. The owners manual says 2.1 but thats filling a completely bone dry gearbox.