What's new

Correct Battery Code for 2.4 petrol (its NOT 075 !)

dionysius

Members
Reaction score
Car
2.4EX tourer auto
Been trying to fit a new battery to my accord as the old one is not holding a great charge.

All the battery guides, eg Yuasas product guude, Halfords Website, and all the other battery-supplier websites say it should have a 075.

I promptly ordered a Yuasa 075, and it doesn't fit. - Too wide to fit the battery tray, and even taking out the battery tray, its too wide to squeeze between the air-filter and headlight, and even if you squeeze the filter housing to one side slightly theres not eonugh room to get the holder-clamp rods down into their holes.

The original battery is Honda branded and seems to be very narrow - approx 120mm-ish depending on where on the casing you measure it.

So what is supposed to fit - I cant believe that I have to buy a genuine Honda battery for this car, there must be a correct battery code for it - clearly the info being given out to all the suppliers is wrong.

it is a 2006 2.4auto EX tourer. has full main-dealer history and is non-modified.

You can buy the battery from "HH" (Holdcroft Honda, see the "Affiliates" section of this forum). They give a very good discount to forum members, often the 2.4 battery from them is under £50, free post too. Go to Holdcroft Honda in the Affiliates section for more info.