What's new

Corrosion Warranty

Dan Robinson

Grand High Plumber
Reaction score
Car
06 EX Tourer i-CTDI
Righty oh... curious as to how far this goes. Have been washing the car a lot recently making the most of good weather and getting to grips with low level detailing:

Shammy%252520%2525282%252529.jpg

IMAG0143.jpg

Shammy%252520%2525289%252529.jpg

Shammy%252520%25252810%252529.jpg

Shammy%252520%2525281%252529.jpg

However, I have notice two or three spots, one on the roof, two on the side. They are smaller than peppercorn size; but are definite spots of rust. Is it really worth pursuing? Or will I be better off getting some filler and a bit of touch up.

As a side note, been reading about Scratch X v.2, and will be looking forward to getting rid of some scuffs and scratches on the sides where the dude has been terrorising my paint work with his pedal powered tractor. gggrrrrrr.....
IMAG0101.jpg

Hi Dan, the rust spots you have a very likely made by flying stones or some thing, I get my trusty dremmel and attach one of those tiny round metal grinders ( etching tools I think ) 1 mm or 2 across and find them amazing ( used very gently ) at getting every minute particle of rust out. When I got my beemer 4 years ago the thing was peppered with tiny stone chips which had gone rusty, I attacked them with said equipment and 4 years on they are rust free! love my dremmel

Cars looking good Dan but agree with cliff.
I would say the only warranty claim you could get is if the rust is under the paintwork.
You no when the paint starts to bubble.

Cheers Brett, That was what I was thinking :(. Still, one thing about washing a car like that....you get to know every inch of it.

I bought some touch up paint from HH last week and the stick comes with a small rust removing brush.
The colour match was very good as i had a couple of stone chips if you remember.

Fine looking coffin carrier Dan
Warranty is only valid if the rust is penetrating from the inside out mate. Touch up and then clear laquer is the best bet

Spoke to honda Letchworth... 6 quid for touch up... should arrive Wednesday. Let the OCD commence :lol:

Spoke to honda Letchworth... 6 quid for touch up... should arrive Wednesday. Let the OCD commence :lol:
Dan put lots of thin coats on then give 24 hours and blend in with a scratch remover cream of your choice.

Yep, off to Costco to see what they have, and to get the falkens put on :D